Michigan Forum Meet in Detroit

wolverine

Well, we made an attempt at the fireworks, but because it wasn't announced earlier enough, and a few of us didn't feel like going to Canada to watch them, I decided we should get a sizable group of us together to meet in Detroit. I think Detroit would be an easy drive for most of us except the Grand Rapid forumers :( Sorry guys! But it would be a lot of fun to see the faces behind the names and enjoying a nice day in the D since so many great things have happened lately.

I think the best time to meet up would be on a Saturday or Sunday sometime in late July or early August. We could try going to a major event like a tigers game or something.

I think we should find two days that would work for all of us. I can't think how many times I have planned ahead to go to a city to take photos and it ended up raining. Now I just go places whenever it's nice and when I have time without planning. But since we are dealing with a bunch of people here, I think an alternative day would be good in case the weather doesn't work out, or something suddenly comes up that would cut our group size down a lot.

Any ideas? Do you think this would be a good idea?

BTW, this isn't limited to just Michigan forumers. If you are from out of state, and want to head to Detroit and meet up, that would be great.

If you need help with transportation, I'm sure a few of us would be willing to provide. I can pretty much give rides to anyone near/along the I-75 corridor between Saginaw and Detroit. I can also pick up anyone along/near the I-94 corridor between Ann Arbor and Detroit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I was one of the only people obsessed with the city of Detroit, it's redevelopment and it's future...I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. thank god there are people to share my thoughts with that will not be bored to death! I think it would be great to hook up with everyone--anytime, anywhere.

Yeah you are definitely not alone.  Im guessing you go to State, what year are you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in my 4th year at state, with 3 semesters until graduation. At that time I plan to attend grad school at Wayne State, and of course live in my favorite city!

I am super jealous...I wont be in Detroit till September so I hope you guys are willing to do this again at a later date? :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely. We really need to have forum meets more often. We haven't really had one since Campus Martius Park opened. At least if you want to count that as a meetup.

I'm in my 4th year at state, with 3 semesters until graduation.  At that time I plan to attend grad school at Wayne State, and of course live in my favorite city!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive got a lot of friends in East Lansing. You belong to any frats?

We still need to pick a date & time. I say we just pick one...it's going to be hard finding a day & time that all of us will be available. Any day would work, so I'm willing to go with whatever you guys want to do.

Archived