Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arkansas_buff

New Arkansas Business Commercial on CNBC

Hmm. I wish they had the commercial on the website.

Everyone should check out the website just for the videos. There's some very informative/inspirational stuff about the state. Also, check out http://arkansas.com and the interactive fun for the video "the song of arkansas." Very historical, informative, and beautiful. They also have videos for their latest ads (which I have seen playing here several times in TN).

The movie that plays at the beginning of the IMAX is another good Arkansas video that comes to mind. lol :rofl:

Back to the topic at hand, no i didn't see it. I don't have CNBC here in my sister's apartment in Memphis either.

Has anyone else seen it yet? I'm interested to know about this too.

I might just post a topic on Arkansas videos to see.

Has anyone else seen it yet?  I'm interested to know about this too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The footage is shot in what looks like NYC or some other big metro. A reporter is asking if they knew which southern state was rated #1 for economic growth. The interviewees throw out FL, TN, TX, and a few others... they are then asked, "Would it surprise you if I said the answer was Arkansas?" Everyone acts shocked while Huckabee begins to explain why so many major corporations are headquartered here. It's very professional... not cheesy at all. Gives us a very good corporate image.

The footage is shot in what looks like NYC or some other big metro.  A reporter is asking if they knew which southern state was rated #1 for economic growth.  The interviewees throw out FL, TN, TX, and a few others... they are then asked, "Would it surprise you if I said the answer was Arkansas?"  Everyone acts shocked while Huckabee begins to explain why so many major corporations are headquartered here.  It's very professional... not cheesy at all.  Gives us a very good corporate image.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For economic growth? Is that true? lol..

I know South Carolina and ESPECIALLY North Carolina are growing at impressive speeds.

If it's true, it's probably percentage-wise to what we already have. But that's still great news.

Are you sure it's not something like:

"Do you know where the number one Fortune 500 company is headquartered?"

Because I saw that one a long time ago for 1-800-Arkansas. It's Wal-Mart, and it's in Arkansas.

Then there's:

"Do you know where the number one investment firm outside of Wall Street is located?"

The answer was Stephens Inc, in Little Rock. Also for 1-800-Arkansas.

I imagine when you're also starting near the very bottom, it makes it easier to make large gains also. But still it would be nice to see Arkansas get a little respect.