Manchester: front page material?

17gy.jpg

This past sunday, the Maine Sunday Telegram / Portland Press Herald had a cover story about the city of Manchester. It discussed how Manchester and Portland are similar and what steps Manchester has taken in the past decade to improve their city.

20pt.jpg

Much of the article talked about Manchester's success with their airport, redevelopment of old mills, new ballbark, and the hockey arena. It also highlighted the missed opportunities that Portland has had in the past decade to reinvent intself with a new hockey arena among other things.

33mv.jpg

As you see, there were multiple articles that were very long so I don't have the resources to post them here. But I think I have summarized the stories pretty well. I hope Manchester runs a story about Portland next week. :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't hold my breathe until Portland catchs on....I value life too much! I think Mainers are afraid of any major changes! It took the military to "wake" me up from the home brewed narrow vision! But all is not lost.....Waterview (which is taller than Manchester Place...ha, ha!), the Westin and Riverwalk are in the pipeline....

• 2 weeks later...

huh, yet still not taller than one of our buildings built over 30 years ago, not to metion the twin 18 story condos that might go up behind the ball park

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think he was saying "haha" to the manchester place thing because it is a rare occasion when portland is able to say that we are beating manchester out in height. we all know manch has taller buildings...tell us more about these 18-st. condo buildings by the ball park...

i think he was saying "haha" to the manchester place thing because it is a rare occasion when portland is able to say that we are beating manchester out in height.  we all know manch has taller buildings...tell us more about these 18-st. condo buildings by the ball park...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry, just read your latest post asking about the condo buildings yourself...would be interesting to kknow more about. i had heard of them but didnt know they would be so tall.

sorry, just read your latest post asking about the condo buildings yourself...would be interesting to kknow more about.  i had heard of them but didnt know they would be so tall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just replied to that thread with a post to the website. :)

Archived