Happy Birthday Allan

WBG4

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again, everyone. I had a nice day, although we actually celebrated on Sunday. It's hard to get everyone together to celebrate when your family is spread out over three continents.

Wolverine, I added my B-day to both my LTU facebook & my U-M facebook, so when it comes around next year you'll know.

Actually I am currently attending LTU.  I am a sophomore in the architecture program.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I graduated with my bsArch in 1999. I didn't get to work in the new building, but my tuition paid for it. :angry:

Nitro

Have we met?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After checking the email address that you registered with, I think it's pretty safe bet to say that you were in my BD2 & World Masterpieces 1 class. There is one other current LTU architecture student on the forum, but I don't recall her ever posting. I took her to the Broderick - both of us are in that "Exploring the Broderick" video that's floating around on the internet. There are a few other LTU alumni lurking around here. The school is actually quite well represented given its very small size.

Damn small world. You know I do remember you from my BD class. I never put 2 and 2 together. I forget the other guys name but he was showing night shots from atop the Broderick and talking about them. My name is Ryan by the way.

Haha. It is a small world.

The other guy's name is Mark. We were taking photos for the BD light project while I was showing him around the city, and I was like "hey, it's 7:00...let's see if Gabe is around so we can go explore the Broderick." Mark thought I was crazy for going into Lee Plaza, but it wasn't long after that that I got even more adventurous. I exchange emails with him about my various explorations from time to time.

Me too. I guess my only real complaint about BD was that it seems kind of like we did the same project five times - probably because the concepts we covered were closely related in many cases. It wasn't until I started started pushing myself that I actually learned something new in that class. I will like the studio next year much better. I'm looking forward to doing actual architecture, even if it does mean getting 4 hours of sleep every night. After all, they say architecture is a lifestyle, not a profession.

Sophomore year is much more demanding than freshman year. They were just getting us warmed up for sophomore year, which I'm told is the most difficult year in the program. Nitro can probably offer some more insight than I can.

As one of the PW tour guides who also went through the LTU program put it, "Architecture = Life."

Archived