Richmond Sports

eandslee

Yeah, congrats on winning a "home" game to advance to the big dance. Amazing that VCU, having one of its best seasons in years struggled to beat a GMU team at "home" that was having a crappy season. Best of luck nonetheless :thumbsup:

It's VERY tough to beat a team 3 times in a single season. The Patriots shut down the Rams outside shooting which is normally their bread and butter and even with some open looks VCU just wasn't dropping them in. Thanks to some serious hustle by Maynor, they were able to pull it out in the end. GM certainly didn't look like they were having a crappy season based on their play in the CAA tourny. Did you see what they did to ODU? Anyways, here's to hoping the Rams make a good go of it in the NCAA's. :thumbsup:

I watched the game on ESPN last night! It was great to see Richmond televised on national television. Congratulations to the team and to VCU! The Wahoos will see you all in the Tourney (though we'll probably never meet in a contest). Hope VCU goes far!

Is there a reason hard-core fans of basketball teams wear yellow? And do the cheerleaders and fans move from one end of the arena to the other at half time in order to face their heros?

Inquiring old minds want to know. :)

And why did VCU have such a hard time getting off 3-pointers?

Is there a reason hard-core fans of basketball teams wear yellow? And do the cheerleaders and fans move from one end of the arena to the other at half time in order to face their heros?

Inquiring old minds want to know. :)

Hardcore fans where the colors of their teams... yellow isn't an all-encompassing color :) Mason is green and gold, VCU is black and gold etc... the CAA has a lot of teams with yellow/gold for some reason. The fans, at least in most cases, don't move from one end to the other at halftime.

And why did VCU have such a hard time getting off 3-pointers?

They could have just had a rough night, but strong defense from Mason also makes 3s tougher to drain.

The R-Braves site seems to have received a facelift:

http://www.rbraves.com/

That's a neat web site.

I like the look of the Diamond and hope that a renovation or new stadium does not have less than 12,000 seats and that it has a similar look to the present Diamond. Birm seating and picnic areas are fine, but the massive look of the stadium lends a "major league" feel while attending a game. Escalators would add appeal for those who like to see the field from above.

The tournament was great. I saw alot of people I know. Met the new athletic director at VCU. I think he will do a good job.

Popkin Tavern is very nice and full of people. I think with a few more restaurants this area will be even nicer. Quite a few people on foot in this area at night. Lift the coffee shop is very well done.

About 4 or 5 fairly large buildings are being converted to apt on Broad and Marshall around the Siegle Center. Should add alot to the area and stimulate more residential and commercial development. The restaurants in the building that burned are very busy at lunch time with lots of people on the sidewalk.

Still too many vacant buildings on Broad once they are all redeveloped the area will be great.

Stool pigions is very nice. The deli in the southern railway building is going to be nice much larger space that i thought it was going to be.

Sorry for the ramble and sorry it took so long.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "sweet 16" and what are its implications for VCU? Would they have to beat Duke and move on to ODU, if it wins against Butler, or some other team playing in Buffalo? Would that be the "sweet 16" level?

Edited by burt

Does anyone know if this game will be televised? If so, what channel? I'd like to see the game if possible. Thanks in advance.

Are you asking about the VCU/Duke game? I've posted on at least two threads that it will be televised on CBS tomorrow (3/15) at 7:10PM.

And best wishes to THE MONARCHS, too. Their game against Butler will be televised today at 2:50PM on CBS. That's about an hour from now.

Well, Old Dominion is officially out of the Dance. They just lost to Butler. :(

Edited by eandslee