Richmond Sports

eandslee

Burt I went to the game tonight to watch the Braves play the Indians and sadly the Braves lost to Indianapolis 6-2 :cry:. Also I must warn any of you that see a Braves Game. Tonights Game the Parking was rediculous. It took me 25 Minutes to get out of the Parking Lot at the Diamond. It took us almost and Hour to get to the Diamond from the Boulevard and the Interstate. If I was the City I would try to get some Cops to take care of the Traffic Issues at the Diamond and around the Diamond on the Boulevard. I mean its awful to get in and out.

Burt I went to the game tonight to watch the Braves play the Indians and sadly the Braves lost to Indianapolis 6-2 :cry:. Also I must warn any of you that see a Braves Game. Tonights Game the Parking was rediculous. It took me 25 Minutes to get out of the Parking Lot at the Diamond. It took us almost and Hour to get to the Diamond from the Boulevard and the Interstate. If I was the City I would try to get some Cops to take care of the Traffic Issues at the Diamond and around the Diamond on the Boulevard. I mean its awful to get in and out.

Were there THAT many people there?

If I'm not mistaken, today is Strawberry Hills Race Day at Colonial Downs. But if so, you'd never know it from today's RTD online edition. I didn't find any mention of it.

We're expecting a doozy of a nor'easter up here tomorrow. I guess you guys will be getting some of it, too.

If I'm not mistaken, today is Strawberry Hills Race Day at Colonial Downs. But if so, you'd never know it from today's RTD online edition. I didn't find any mention of it.

We're expecting a doozy of a nor'easter up here tomorrow. I guess you guys will be getting some of it, too.

Just got home from Strawberry Hill, had a fantastic time as usual. Fortunately the weather held out. It rained very early and then the weather cleared up for a great time!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Two sports related items of interest:

Last night's Richmond Braves game against The Charlotte Knights was postponed due to rain. They will meet in a double header tonight (6PM) at The Diamond.

The RBraves have won 5 straight and are now 16-5. That's the best start in franchise history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baskerville, the local architectural firm that specializes in commercial projects has a 10-year Master Plan to increase seating at RIR to 150,000.

The new 7000+ seat Tower will debut this weekend.

With about 107,000 attendees, the main race, as usual, is sold out.

Edited by burt

Two sports related items of interest:

Last night's Richmond Braves game against The Charlotte Knights was postponed due to rain. They will meet in a double header tonight (6PM) at The Diamond.

The RBraves have won 5 straight and are now 16-5. That's the best start in franchise history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Braves are doing great but attendance is lagging IMO. RICHMOND, support your Braves.

Yeah Braves attendance still isn't up to its best I've gone to two games this year so far one being the home opener and a game against the Norfolk Tides. I just hate saying this but baseball fans in Richmond just aren't braves fans I mean theres still alot of Braves fans in Richmond its just that its not like a Fenway Park or a Yankee Stadium type of team where everyone goes to the sold out games. I mean going to Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium is like going to a church to worship. People are that big on those two teams. I'd really like to see attendance pick up at the R-Braves games but theres just not that many Braves fans it seems like or maybe there is who knows. I just feel people who like baseball just don't like the braves as much because of there repeat Pennants won since the early 90's. I mean the Braves hold the record out of any sport for the most pennants won. I mean winning it 15 years in a row is one hell of an acheivement.

Were you there, Ice? If so, did you get wet Saturday night and return Sunday? :lol: That's a double dose of traffic-fighting.

Escaping, after they called the race, was surprisingly smooth. I think most fans just continued tailgating.

I was suprised by how fast we got out both days. Last fall was pretty fast too. I've been to races all over, and I know its suprising, but they really know how to clear a parking lot at RIR. I once sat for 6 hours to get into Charlotte (missing the first 1/3 of the race) and 5 hours trying to leave.

The Richmond Braves shut-out the Durham Bulls 3-0 in that team's ballpark last night before 9,655 fans. I wish they could start drawing similar crowds to the Diamond. I believe they have a great win record so far this season.

I remember years when The Braves led the league in attendance.

Edited by burt

Do you suppose Richmond Braves did not have a game last night (Saturday) after shutting-out the Bulls Friday?

If they did, no mention of it or a rain-out is in today's inRich.

Since the new on-line RTD debuted, I seem to find less and less interesting local news. For instance, Building Permits has been deleted and a couple of other interesting features in Business/Real Estate.

Also, when you click "News" expecting local stories, you have to wade thru National headlines before hitting "more" for the meagre Richmond Metro coverage.

I would like to have read about the Carbon Leaf concert at Cheers, but not a word. Was it rained out? I would like to see something on the Center Stage groundbreaking, but not a peep. How come we know so much more about certain goings-on than they do?

I hate to sound like an old fogey who hates change, but I can assure you that some of the TD staff are not happy with inRich either.

Burt I heard on the news last night the Richmond Braves beat the bulls again 4-3.. Now the real test for the R-Braves will be the Buffalo Bison's which is the Cleveland Indians AAA Team and they got one Sick Pitcher Adam Miller. I've watched him play and he's got some nasty stuff if the Bisons pitch him it will be a test for the R-Braves. Homer Bailey of the Louisville Riverbats is a nasty pitcher too he's considered to be the next Great Pitcher from Texas. They compare him to Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens but I'll have to wait and see if he's that good. I don't think the R-Braves have faced him or not.

Do you suppose Richmond Braves did not have a game last night (Saturday) after shutting-out the Bulls Friday?

If they did, no mention of it or a rain-out is in today's inRich.

Since the new on-line RTD debuted, I seem to find less and less interesting local news. For instance, Building Permits has been deleted and a couple of other interesting features in Business/Real Estate.

Also, when you click "News" expecting local stories, you have to wade thru National headlines before hitting "more" for the meagre Richmond Metro coverage.

I would like to have read about the Carbon Leaf concert at Cheers, but not a word. Was it rained out? I would like to see something on the Center Stage groundbreaking, but not a peep. How come we know so much more about certain goings-on than they do?

I hate to sound like an old fogey who hates change, but I can assure you that some of the TD staff are not happy with inRich either.

I agree Burt, the new format sucks. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing a 1 year online M-F subscription for I think $65. I currently only get the Sunday paper.

RTD Online Edition

Burt I heard on the news last night the Richmond Braves beat the bulls again 4-3.. Now the real test for the R-Braves will be the Buffalo Bison's which is the Cleveland Indians AAA Team and they got one Sick Pitcher Adam Miller. I've watched him play and he's got some nasty stuff if the Bisons pitch him it will be a test for the R-Braves. Homer Bailey of the Louisville Riverbats is a nasty pitcher too he's considered to be the next Great Pitcher from Texas. They compare him to Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens but I'll have to wait and see if he's that good. I don't think the R-Braves have faced him or not.

Are you a pitcher, Joey? I remember that you are big on baseball. We saw a picture of you being hoisted up by your teammates.

Wonder why there was no story on-line about the Bulls/Braves game last nigt? Maybe it was tied and didn't end until after press time.

Isn't Richmond like #1 in its Division?

I hope attendance picks up at The Diamond.