Richmond Sports

eandslee

I agree Burt, the new format sucks. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing a 1 year online M-F subscription for I think $65. I currently only get the Sunday paper.

RTD Online Edition

Maybe it's a ploy to boost circulation. The thought might be "if we make the website absolute crap, people still have to get their news so maybe they'll buy the paper again instead." :)

yeah burt I am a pitcher. Only thing though is our team is awful this year with hitting. Not good at all this year. Yeah you probably know i'm big with baseball mainly with the minor leagues since its more interesting to me to read up on the future stars of the Majors. But I still love going to Major League Baseball Games too.

Hey starting today against Rochester Red Wings there is a Richmond Player on Rochester that went to Godwin right before I got into high school. His name is Matt Moses i'm actually good friends with his family but Matt Moses was a HUGE STUD at Godwin and played 3B. He got Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in June of 2003. I think he went something like 25th Overall If I can remember. But he was a First Round Draft Pick. So go to the R-Braves game from tuesday thru Friday and Support Richmond Local Matt Moses!!!!

Hey starting today against Rochester Red Wings there is a Richmond Player on Rochester that went to Godwin right before I got into high school. His name is Matt Moses i'm actually good friends with his family but Matt Moses was a HUGE STUD at Godwin and played 3B. He got Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in June of 2003. I think he went something like 25th Overall If I can remember. But he was a First Round Draft Pick. So go to the R-Braves game from tuesday thru Friday and Support Richmond Local Matt Moses!!!!

I was wondering if you knew Moses, Joey:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/sport...05-15-0049.html

The RBraves shut out Rochester yesterday at The Diamond, but there were only 2,394 fans on hand to witness it. Was it inclement weather that kept the crowd numbers so low, or is there general apathy about baseball in Richmond?

A new arrival from the Kansas City organization named Koonce slammed a two-run homer, the fourth in his 7th game with Richmond.

Pitcher Trey Hodges allowed 4 hits in 6 innings and was relieved by Will Startup and Buddy Hernandez who kept the Red Wings scoreless.

Braves 4 - Red Wings 0.

Edited by burt

The home team dropped four straight to visiting Scranton with only one large gallery of spectators (+ 8,000) and three pitiful crowds of less than 2,500.

The Braves were no match for The Yankees in this minor league match-up.

Better luck against Norfolk tomorrow and Friday-- at the gate as well as on the field.

This is an interesting story from today's inRich about attendance at The Diamond:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/sport...05-24-0156.html

Neat little read there Burt. I just wonder how far the "talks" between Richmond and Atlanta have gone. It's just strange that since the decision was made to keep the ballpark in its current location, we haven't heard anything further - no talk of a new design, no talk of a new park or renovate the current one...NOTHING. Just seems that everything has just stopped, which in my eyes, is not good for the R-Braves and their chances for remaining in Richmond. I just wish that something would come out about what is currently being done in the process to build or renovate the new ballpark - you know, keep the public informed.

I got a Atlanta Braves Newsletter a couple weeks ago and they mentioned the sale of Liberty Media completing the deal for the Atlanta Braves which MLB approved so the sale of the Atlanta Braves are completed and they mentioned how they are looking to put a World Series Team together in the coming years cause they have lots of money to spend now on better players they said.

Edited by Downtowner

I got a Atlanta Braves Newsletter a couple weeks ago and they mentioned the sale of Liberty Media completing the deal for the Atlanta Braves which MLB approved so the sale of the Atlanta Braves are completed and they mentioned how they are looking to put a World Series Team together in the coming years cause they have lots of money to spend now on better players they said.

Here's hoping a chunk of that new money trickles down to Richmond, Joey.

• 2 weeks later...

They say they come in threes, so here's yet another prestige blow for poor old Richmond:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/sport...06-01-0192.html

Well, if they come in threes, I hope this is it! Done. We don't need anymore bad news. I just want to focus on the good right now and move forward. The prospect of the new tower is great news though. :)

They say they come in threes, so here's yet another prestige blow for poor old Richmond:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/sport...06-01-0192.html

It's a bitter sweet day for University of Florida alumni that live in Richmond (myself and about 20 others). I was so excited to see Coach Grant land at VCU and I'm disappointed to see him go...but he's returning home to carry on the tradition that Billy D started in Gainesville. In case anybody forgot, two-time defending national champions!! Coach Grant you will be deeply missed in Richmond, Go Gators!!

Now this is interesting:

Florida plane comes, goes WITHOUT Grant

A Cessna Citation 550 registered to the University of Florida Athletic Association landed Saturday morning at Richmond International Airport. It left 45 minutes later, without Virginia Commonwealth University men's basketball coach Anthony Grant aboard. Four men got off the plane, made some phone calls and got back on the plane.

You are correct. Please don't confuse UF with FSU!!

Sorry, fellas. It's just that the news stories often just mention Florida this and Florida that without adding University after it.

On another subject - baseball. Wouldn't the RBraves have played a game in Ottawa last night? Or if it had been cancelled, shouldn't inRich report such info? This is the second Sunday in a row when I've not been able to get Saturday night results for RBraves.