Where PIT Should take us

tooluther

It seams ridiculous to me that US Airways is dumping its PIT-Atlanta flight considering Atlanta is the number two destination from Pittsburgh International. But that aside, I got to thinking about what LCC (low cost carriers) and we are missing, and what destinations we still need served.

New York: Top 3 Business Destinations from Pittsburgh

-JFK: Good start for Jet Blue in Pittsburgh via their new 100 seaters

-LGA: Air Tran used to fly here, it

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seams ridiculous to me that US Airways is dumping its PIT-Atlanta flight considering Atlanta is the number two destination from Pittsburgh International.  But that aside, I got to thinking about what LCC (low cost carriers) and we are missing, and what destinations we still need served.

US Airways is dumping it b/c Delta and Airtran already serve this route. US Airways simply can't compete.

Seattle:

-US Air is dumping this direct route, so we should get Air Alaska to pick up a once daily route.

They would if there was any money in it. I don't think there is.

Denver:

-Hook up to Frontier

Those are some great points, on a side not though I wish the airport would take the true abbrevation of the city and call itself PGH instead of PIT, I'm getting tired of flying out and having people joke on the plane as we wait for a gate "oh we just landed at the PIT". morons.

Those are some great points, on a side not though I wish the airport would take the true abbrevation of the city and call itself PGH instead of PIT, I'm getting tired of flying out and having people joke on the plane as we wait for a gate "oh we just landed at the PIT".  morons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it has always bothered me too. We don't need to emphasize the fact that the city has "pit" in its name.

We have the same problem in sports. Our teams are abbreviated as PIT. Sigh.

Archived