Canal Front/City Dock

emerging.me

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the people who couldn't access my pictures, I couldn't find a problem in the upload. Here are those pics.

Thanks. The only other issue is one I've noticed when I'm uploading pics. I format mine with my photo software so that when the viewer clicks on the thumbnail photo, the pic fits entirely in the viewer so that you don't have to scroll to see the bottom or top of it.

• 1 month later...

Progress seems slow, but men are there working every day. The bulldozers have been more active lately. The boardwalk now extends underneath the arch of the bridge to its south side. Note: In the fourth photo, in the river beyond the first big arch of the bridge, look above the bulldozer closely and you can see a kayaker.

post-3545-0-12372700-1347303079_thumb.jp

post-3545-0-94273000-1347303098_thumb.jp

post-3545-0-95454000-1347303122_thumb.jp

post-3545-0-11972600-1347303142_thumb.jp

post-3545-0-71909300-1347303163_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are planting nice-sized grand trees along the upper walkway now.  Also, they're installing thick, decorative railing at the water's edge on the plaza.  From what I'm seeing this is going to completely catch most people way off guard.  Once the EdVenture crowd has direct access to it and the state-of-the-art observatory at the State Museum is open, people are going to talk, a lot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Construction is wrapping up and CanalFront will soon be open to the public: http://www.thestate.com/2013/04/10/2717789/new-section-of-three-rivers-greenway.html

I saw that.  They picked a day when clay-colored water from upstream was flowing through after a heavy rain.  I waited until the water was blue again to shoot my photos.  I'm uninspired by brown water. 

Archived