Detroit on All-Star Night, Part 4

Aaron

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics aaron! I've never seen our cheesgrater looks so nicely lit up!

I'm really impressed with the Book and Stott Towers. I wish the Stott tower would use their exterior lighting more. They do use it form time to time, but I've only seen it on usually during Tigers games.

I was fortunate enough to go to the home run derby and all star game and I noticed that Comerica Tower is a building that needs exterior lighting. It is very hard to make out the shape and it is such a beautiful building... well anyway, great job on the pictures!

Comerica definitely needs it. Those corners would be perfect and if the lighting was done properly I think it would become the focal point of the skyline competing with the Penobscot at night.

Whats the deal with the Guardian Building? Ive seen the rendering of its exterior lights but still nothing has happened. All they had for the game was lighting towards the base. I was hoping they would have the top lit up by now.

It's about time that they actually turn on the lights at the Stott. I haven't seen all of them functioning for two years. Occasionally they'll have one of the spotlights on.

The Guardian looks nice too. Now if they could just put some lights up at the top....

I'm all about exterior lighting, but I do understand that keeping it on every night is very expensive. With the struggling occupancy rates, many of the buildings are barely breaking even, leaving little money for extras like pretty lighting schemes & the high electricity bills that follow.

Archived