TUNNEL VISION

Cotuit

Randy Kennedy has been a New York institution amongst rail enthusiast for years with his weekly 'Tunnel Visions' articles about the New York Subway system. Here is his final column.

TUNNEL VISION

Farewell, Horse Man and Other Curios Unmet

By RANDY KENNEDY

Published: October 28, 2003

For the past three years, this column has been about the things I found in the subway, some of which I went looking for and a few of which seemed to come looking for me.

This column, the last one, will be about regrets

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o  SPACE CASE!!! Damn...

There was an episode of Homicide about this. The episode won the show an Emmy, it was very disturbing.

On my last trip on the NY subway I had no trouble finding a seat at all, a real pleasure when you're accustomed to the geen line sardine Co.

I lived in NYC for 2 1/2 years and very rarely experienced the kind of crowding that is found regularly on the Green Line. The one place that was most likely to be sardine packed was the Lexington Line, which highlights the need for a Second Avenue Line.

Archived