Top Places To Live in Georgia.

Lady Celeste

I would like to first say that every city in Georgia has it's positives I am sure. :thumbsup:

CNN/Money Magazine has come out with a list of the best places to live and I'm proud to say that two Georgia cities have made the Top 50.

#8 Peachtree City, Georgia (suburban Atlanta)

#32 Evans, Georgia (suburban Augusta)

The Article can be viewed here: http://money.cnn.com/best

There was alot of competion to get on this list. You all can read for yourself the criteria that was used to form the list. I say congratuations to the Georgia representatives in the top 50. Even more congratulations go out to every city that made it to the top 10 list. :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay... this list has been blasted enough on other forums, but it doesn't hurt to keep blasting it ;)

The vast majority of the cities on this list are lily-white, high average income, urbanity-free sprawlholes (including the GA reps). It's no surprise that a Money Magazine article would consider these the best places to live... I for one, would cut off my toes before moving to Evans, GA. Good schools and rich white neighbors aren't the only things that are important in life. But hey, if you want to drive 30-45 minutes in bad traffic just to get to all of the fabulous amenities in the "urban" center city of Augusta, then Evans is the place for you.

It doesn't get much more "identity-less" that Evans. The city isn't even incorporated for one. And people from there rarely say they live in Evans... They say they live in Columbia County...

This is a subjective list complied with statistics to prove their point. I think that Spartanburg, SC is one of the best places in the world to live, and no lists will convince me otherwise.

CNN also does this kind of thing for readership. It is a convenient way to give losts of statistics about cities without boring people to death.

Yay... this list has been blasted enough on other forums, but it doesn't hurt to keep blasting it ;) 

The vast majority of the cities on this list are lily-white, high average income, urbanity-free sprawlholes (including the GA reps).  It's no surprise that a Money Magazine article would consider these the best places to live...  I for one, would cut off my toes before moving to Evans, GA.  Good schools and rich white neighbors aren't the only things that are important in life.  But hey, if you want to drive 30-45 minutes in bad traffic just to get to all of the fabulous amenities in the "urban" center city of Augusta, then Evans is the place for you.

It doesn't get much more "identity-less" that Evans.  The city isn't even incorporated for one.  And people from there rarely say they live in Evans... They say they live in Columbia County...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, or worse, They still say they're from Augusta.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm no fan of Evans niether. But for the area as a whole I like to see good and great things continue to happen. I just hope one day South Augusta will start gaining much of Evan's momentum.

But you gotta admit, Columbia County really seems to have it's act together, which is why it is coninuing to benefit like it is now. I've been intensely studing their website and they literally are prepared to become it's own possible self-sufficient area, and the actual projection of them going from 100,000 to about 155,000 in 15 years, would be very likely indeed. And the ongoing economic projects keep coming and coming, including a study on making a Martinez downtown. I just wish ALL of Metro Augusta could get it's act together, and soon.

Archived