Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cosmoboy

Will CAFTA Have a Big Effect on NC if Approved?

If CAFTA is Approved, What Effect Do You Think It Will Have On Our State?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If CAFTA is Approved, What Effect Do You Think It Will Have On Our State?

• Yes
    • No
    • Screw Bush Anyway

In a recent newscast on News 14, Pres. Bush is coming to Gastonia to gain support for CAFTA. If this is approved this will absolutley kill us! :( What do you guys think will happen if it's approved or if it is rejectd. Hopefully it is rejected.

But apparently he did, it passed the Republican controlled Senate with a few Democrats voting for it. Also didn't Sare Lee Brand Apparel had some recent layoffs?

But apparently he did, it passed the Republican controlled Senate with a few Democrats voting for it. Also didn't Sare Lee Brand Apparel had some recent layoffs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they had some layoffs this past Monday, but I don't know how many?

I think we should keep farming all of our jobs out to other countries, get all of our manufacturing and high demand products from other countries, then either talk smack to those countries or just start a war with them based on some fabricated set of reasons and circumstances. Oh wait, that's already what we do. I think it is a fabulous idea!!! :lol:

CAFTA will have a big negative effect on NC. The only accomplishment it would bring is more closings and layoffs, and that is what Dole Bananna and Burr-zerk support. I think NC would fare better with two new senators in 2008 and 2010.