Best Places to live in SC

Spartan

Check out this link: http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/states/SC.html

I saw this in the GA section, but I think SC's lack of any finalists is reason for discussion.

Also, to quote what I said in the GA section: This is a subjective list complied with statistics to prove their point. I think that Spartanburg, SC is one of the best places in the world to live, and no lists will convince me otherwise.

CNN also does this kind of thing for readership. It is a convenient way to give losts of statistics about cities without boring people to death.

Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading that the other day, Crime and Education will be holding SC back for quite awhile. Also their numbers are off in some categories for most of the SC cities. It looks as if they lumped N. Chas with Charleston for computing numbers which shot its crime through the roof, had they lumped Mount Pleasant or just kept Charleston seperate the numbers would have worked out "better" for that statistic.

As far as how they seem to calculate Leisure & Culture by the amount of those things you have(...?) SC cities will always rank lower becuase we don't have any very large cities that these candidate cities could benefit from by proximity.

----

While were on the subject of "Best Places to live" we should also look at most affordable housing markets. :P

Greenville and Columbia are among the top 20 most affordable metros in the nation.

Most and least affordable markets

City by city housing data: South

They should've called it "Best SUBURBS to Live," since it seems like that's all that was listed (with a few exceptions).

I also think that had they categorized the places by population, the figures wouldn't look so disproportionate for SC cities.

• 1 year later...

Archived