Ilitch Holdings

rbdetsport

Fine.  Not in my lifetime.  Is that better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mean to butt into this discussion, but Chicago was not so great of a city not even 20 years ago. When we went on our senior class trip to Chicago in 1988 (I know, I am old), I remember it being in really rough shape. It was mainly ghettos in a ring surrounding downtown, and there was no way you would go off of Michigan Avenue for fear of being mugged. A lot can happen in 20 - 30 years ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a life long Detroit resident (and I mean Detroit, not the suburbs) and I have visited Chicago many many times over the last 30 years. To suggest that at any point in its history Chicago was in the condition that Detroit is in is absurd!

Even when Chicago was in its down times it was still the center of the Midwest and the Midwest's greatest city. Detroit will always be playing second fiddle to Chicago even if the city gets its act together. And I tend to agree with Ramcharger on this one. No large American city has been through decline to the extent that Detroit has.

Archived