Great pics from great place

BosTech

I drove around and by accident parked next to Raddison hotel,went in back and founr awesome spot not just to take shots of Jax but also to hang out,Riverwalk is great,few places to site down and enjoy view from Alltel Stadium,Arena,Berkman,downtown to Strand/Peninsula.

Too bad I didnt have better camera and it would be also nice if they get some mroe shade since it was hot .

Btw San Marco place is going up very fast,first floor and looks like they are working on second one alredy.

downtown6oh.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah,that place if picture perfect,you can see downtown like nowhere else.

I am gona get better camera so I can get better quality shots and maybe zoom in on few spots.

Downtown with Main st bridge and Modis looks awesome when you stand there.

That used to be a very popular place to take photos in the late 80s.

I would guess that it is less popular now because Modis completely obscures Bank of America from that angle. Since the stereotypical image of Jax's skyline has now become Modis and BofA standing side by side - people don't want to exclude it.

If the San Marco Riverwalk and JEA projects ever come to fruition, imagine how active that area will be in 5-10 years! It will literally be the "backyard" for thousands of people.

Very nice photos, by the way.

Great pics. If San Marco Riverwalk comes to reality, that area should become a bustling retail and dining scene that at least will compete with the Landing's atmosphere. Btw, there will be some retail along with a coffee shop and a cyber cafe along the riverwalk, in the base level of the Peninsula.

I had always wondered why that angle has been overlooked for skyline shots. Thanks for the great pics BosTech.

The only odd part of the pic is how the BofA has been totally erased by the Modis building's profile.

Has anyone noticed the view from I-95 north bound around the emerson area? The Modis building looks like it has a blue cone on the top.

Has anyone noticed the view from I-95 north bound around the emerson area?  The Modis building looks like it has a blue cone on the top.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Everyday, on the way home from work. I forgot the existence of the BOA building for a while, and thought they had put something on top of the independent life building... :blush:

Archived