San Diego's Vibrant Downtown (Part 1)

sd_urban

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you guys like the pics!

Awesome pictures, San Diego has some cool looking buildings.  I like the first and last pictures the most.  Out of curiosity, what is the big building in the last picture used for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first picture was taken from the plane while landing at the San Diego airport. The end if the runway is just over a mile from the high rises of downtown. The last building is just one of many historic buildings within the Gaslamp District, which is the entertainment section of downtown. I think it was built in the late 1800's and now is home to ground floor restaurants and shops, with offices and lofts in the upper floors.

Alberto-

Here's a pic of one of the newer trolleys that are being added to the line -

IMG_3079.jpg

Thanks again, guys. Yeah, San Diego is usually known for it's zoo and Sea World, and most people are surprised by how urban and dense downtown is. If the developers have it their way, we'll be looking more like Vancouver, with a SoCal vibe, in the near future. I say, bring it on.

Archived