Any soccer fans?

Ruso

So, is there any follower of the king of Sports???? :D:ph34r:

Anyone following the preeliminaries for the World Cup?

Ecuador is third in the South American zone( second best after Western Europe) and the USA is second, after Mexico in the North American preliminary! :ph34r:

post-915-1121409991_thumb.jpg

post-915-1121410021.jpg

post-915-1121410095_thumb.jpg

post-915-1121409991_thumb.jpg

post-915-1121410021.jpg

post-915-1121410095_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is there any follower of the king of the Sports???? :D  :ph34r:

Anyone following the preeliminaries for the World Cup?

Ecuador is third in the South American zone( second best after Western Europe) and the USA is second, after Mexico in the North American preliminary! :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i played for 13 years ( i really miss it and hope to get back into it) but living in the southern united states, there isn't really much media for it. although today in nashville we are having the classico zapopan exibition game with mexico's atlas and tecos. should be a great game but i have to go out of town tonight -_- man i hope usa can pull ahead of mexico in the preliminaries. sounds like ecuador is doing pretty well!

Yes, in fact, we are proud. We defeated the world Champion, Brasil 1-0. Same as the earlier preliminary,and the third best in the World, Argentina !! The USA is at least classified already. It is a great time though. :ph34r:

I am a fan of Arsenal in the EPL. I sometimes try to get into some Latin American football/soccer, especially Mexico since it's the US shares a border with it. But since my Spanish isn't very good it can be hard for me to follow sometimes. I also do watch some MLS.

The american leagues, for what I know, are in a very high level. I am not sure about Mexico, but if you want to see some quality soccer, I recommend you to look in South America, especially in Argentina and Brasil. In Europe, Spain, Italy and England have the best leagues. There is an interesting competition between Western Europe and Latin America when it comes to soccer. Brasil is the current champion with 5 world cup tournaments, while Europe's best one has 4. Lol, we are proud. Nevertheless, in total average, they have more world titles than Latin America.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

South American has some great players but I could question their leagues. Many South American players end up leaving and playing in Europe. Mexican players tend to stay in the Mexican leagues. You could argue that Mexico isn't up to the standards of say Argentina and Brazil, but Mexico is improving. Chivas recently got to to the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores and they got past Boca Juniors to do so. And even more impressive is that Chivas have a rule of only using Mexican players, no foreign players on their team. I'd like to see more Spanish and Italian play but none of the channels I have have their games. What's sad is when the EPL is in play I have an easier time finding and EPL game than I do for MLS. It's sorta sad that I can watch more foreign games than domestic ones here in the US.

That also reminds me I think I heard the US team moved up in the rankings and are now above England in the national rankings.

South American has some great players but I could question their leagues.  Many South American players end up leaving and playing in Europe.  Mexican players tend to stay in the Mexican leagues.  You could argue that Mexico isn't up to the standards of say Argentina and Brazil, but Mexico is improving.  Chivas recently got to to the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores and they got past Boca Juniors to do so.  And even more impressive is that Chivas have a rule of only using Mexican players, no foreign players on their team.  I'd like to see more Spanish and Italian play but none of the channels I have have their games.  What's sad is when the EPL is in play I have an easier time finding and EPL game than I do for MLS.  It's sorta sad that I can watch more foreign games than domestic ones here in the US.

That also reminds me I think I heard the US team moved up in the rankings and are now above England in the national rankings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely true. That is sad about latin america, we got good national teams, but our good players are exported to Europe. Yet, the level is definetely higher than in Asia, Central America, etc. I dont know about Africa. What u said about Mexico, right, I forgot about Chivas. Wow, if the USA is actually higher than England, congrats! :) I am going to check. And even if it isnt, it is a great national team. It is a shame what you tell me about MLS, but I thought soccer was gaining power in the USA. :ph34r:

Absolutely true. That is sad about latin america, we got good national teams, but our good players are exported to Europe. Yet, the level is definetely higher than in Asia, Central America, etc. I dont know about Africa. What u said about Mexico, right, I forgot about Chivas. Wow, if the USA is actually higher than England, congrats!  :)  I am going to check. And even if it isnt, it is a great national team. It is a shame what you tell me about MLS,  but I thought soccer was gaining power in the USA.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may be gaining power, but it really doesn't look like it will ever be truely appreciated here in the US, even if our national team becomes a major power. If the US team won the World Cup, people might take notice for a day but would probably forget about it the next. But maybe there's hope if they did very well or maybe even one day win that it could finally get some more fans to take notice. With the lockout of the National Hockey League this past year, I'm hoping maybe soccer/football might be able to somehow move up some as a major sport here in the US. So do you follow any teams other than national teams?

By the way what did you think of the Cope Libertadores this year? Seemed to be quite a bit of trouble and controversy this year. The problems in Italy this year actually seemed to get some attention here in the US. But there wasn't any mention at all of the problems in the Copa Libertadores. It's a shame about Chivas being done in by their own national team. From what I understand the Mexican National team kept seven regulars from Chivas's first match against Paranaense. Which put them in a hole they never could get out of. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against any of the South American teams. But since no Mexican team has won the Copa Libertadores yet I was hoping to get a chance to see the first. That and since Mexico is closer to the US I guess I do tend to favor them some. But I do also enjoy seeing the other South American teams when I get the chance. Although I tend to follow the EPL the most some of the most exciting games have been in the Copa Libertadores.

By the way what did you think of the Cope Libertadores this year?  Seemed to be quite a bit of trouble and controversy this year.  The problems in Italy this year actually seemed to get some attention here in the US.  But there wasn't any mention at all of the problems in the Copa Libertadores.  It's a shame about Chivas being done in by their own national team.  From what I understand the Mexican National team kept seven regulars from Chivas's first match against Paranaense.  Which put them in a hole they never could get out of.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against any of the South American teams.  But since no Mexican team has won the Copa Libertadores yet I was hoping to get a chance to see the first.  That and since Mexico is closer to the US I guess I do tend to favor them some.  But I do also enjoy seeing the other South American teams when I get the chance.  Although I tend to follow the EPL the most some of the most exciting games have been in the Copa Libertadores.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I also like Chivas more than any argentinian team. Lol. Am tired of watching them take all of the titles. They are, terrible losers. In the South American coup, they were defeated by 11 Caldas, from Colombia. They did not stay to receive the second place medal, claiming that they did not know there was one for the losers. American soccer is more than just Boca Juniors and River Plate. Yeah club-wise, I like Barcelona from Spain, Liverpool from England, and Lazio from Italy(also inter). When it comes to national teams, I like Italy and Colombia. Although I love how brazilians play. Unfortunatelly I dont know much about the MLS, or the USA titles in North America. Am sure that together with Mexico, they are the best in Central and North America.

:ph34r:

Wow, you are right. You are better than even France, and most of Europe's kings.

1 Brazil 0 846 17

2 Argentina 1 787 2

3 Netherlands 1 781 -2

4 Czech Republic -2 778 -12

5 Mexico 1 768 9

6 USA 4 765 21

7 France -2 749 -16

8 England -1 744 -13

8 Spain 1 744 -3

10 Portugal -2 739 -16

11 Germany 10 723 28

12 Turkey 2 716 -3

13 Japan 5 715 5

14 Italy -3 713 -12

15 Iran 2 711 0

15 Republic of Ireland 0 711 -3

17 Sweden -5 710 -12

18 Uruguay 0 703 -7

19 Denmark -3 698 -15

19 Greece -6 698 -22

Rank Team +/-Rank

Jun 05 Pts:

Jul 05 +/-Pts:

Jun 05

21 Korea Republic -1 696 0

22 Croatia 0 695 1

23 Costa Rica 1 691 7

24 Poland -1 689 0

25 Colombia 0 683 10

26 Egypt 2 671 3

27 Cameroon -1 666 -4

28 Saudi Arabia 3 661 -1

29 Nigeria 0 659 -6

30 Russia -3 657 -12

31 Romania 1 651 -3

32 Tunisia 6 649 17

33 Ecuador 1 647 1

34 Paraguay -4 645 -18

35 Morocco -2 643 -7

36 Norway -1 639 -1

36 Ukraine -1 639 -1

38 South Africa 1 634 4

39 Honduras 11 631 37

39 Senegal -2 631 -8

post-915-1122248718_thumb.jpg

post-915-1122248718_thumb.jpg

No, I also like Chivas more than any argentinian team. Lol. Am tired of watching them take all of the titles. They are, terrible losers. In the South American coup, they were defeated by 11 Caldas, from Colombia. They did not stay to receive the second place medal, claiming that they did not know there was one for the losers. American soccer is more than just Boca Juniors and River Plate. Yeah club-wise, I like Barcelona from Spain, Liverpool from England, and Lazio from Italy(also inter). When it comes to national teams, I like Italy and Colombia. Although I love how brazilians play. Unfortunatelly I dont know much about the MLS, or the USA titles in North America.  Am sure that together with Mexico, they are the best in Central and North America.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm also a fan of Barcelona in La Liga. Arsenal of course in the EPL (thank God you picked Liverpool and not Chelsea) and I simply don't ever get to keep up with any Italian matches. I also like Stuttgart in the Bundesliga. I don't think there are really any titles here in the US. Well I take it back I do think there is an amateur title or something like that. I've heard rumours of the possibility of a MLS team one day getting to play in the Copa Libertadores. I think that would be very interesting, but I'm not sure if they are ready to play in it yet. It seems that Central America and for that matter Venezuela in South America are more into baseball than soccer/football. But Mexico has always been more of a soccer/football nation than baseball.

I haven't kept up with all the national teams in South America. But from what I remember some Ecuador teams have done decently in the Copa Libertadores. Aren't the Venezuela and Bolivian teams usually near the bottom as far as leagues in South America are concerned? Although I think Venezuela tends to be more of a baseball nation than a soccer/football nation. I guess I feel badly for the Bolivian teams. There are a number of Bolivians here at the University of Arkansas. Do you follow any teams in Ecuador?

That would be awesome. The same thing that happened with Mexico, because they were the only central/north american team before. Venezuela is like the "black sheep". Ecuador was too. Last World cup, in Korea and japan, was our first one. Hopelfully, Germany will be second. But the good thing is that it is not about Brazil, Argentina as the only ones, anymore. Now, there is much more "democracy", there is not that much of a difference between the strong ones and the rest. :ph34r:

In the Libertadores, Ecuador has had some chances. Liga de Quito, which is capital city's univesity team is currently the most powerful one. Today they won their 8th national title. Then, you got Barcelona from Guayaquil, who have won 13 national titles, and have done great in Libertadores also. Nacional, the military team, and Emelec, with 11 and 10 respectively, also have made us proud. Nevertheless, we always "almost make it". Currently the first classified in the Libertadores is Liga de Quito.

It is interesting learning more about the Ecuador teams. I don't know much about them yet. It's not too hard to find out about Brazil or Argentina teams. I've learned a little about Bolivian teams. I don't know any Bolivians personally but there are quite a few that go to the university here. I have a coworker who knows quite a few Bolivians and also a friend who has friends in Bolivia and imports coffee from Bolivia. So I've made some effort to learn a little about some of the teams there.

What University? yeah, Bolivia is currently in the worst position in the preeliminaries. There is one team, however, that stands up for the rest. Bolivar, they also, got very far in Libertadores, or Southamerican cup. :ph34r:

More succes, mmm, after them, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile. Unfortunatelly, northern countries have not done that good. Nevertheless, Colombia, Per

What University? yeah, Bolivia is currently in the worst position in the preeliminaries. There is one team, however, that stands up for the rest. Bolivar, they also, got very far in Libertadores, or Southamerican cup.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The University of Arkansas here in Fayetteville.

Archived