Washington U. in St. Louis

Ruso

I am considering Washington U. in St. Louis for my college studies. Am looking for a city big enough not get bored, yet not as big as to be always distracted. :D Also, a liberal environment would be nice, and how is he weather? :ph34r:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Louis is big enough to keep you interested. Wash U attracts kids from all over the country, the environment is fairly liberal. St. Louis and St. Louis County always swing democratic in big elections. The weather is perfect in my opinion...St. Louis offers all 4 seasons without an extreme winter. Summer is hot and humid, spring and fall are perfect, and as I said winter isn't too bad. On average St. Louis received between 15 and 20 inches of snow per winter, that averages out to a couple of 3 and 4 inch snowfalls. Wash U campus is beautiful by the way...great part of town. Good luck in your search

I am considering Washington U. in St. Louis for my college studies. Am looking for a city big enough not get bored, yet not as big as to be always distracted. :D Also, a liberal environment would be nice, and how is he weather? :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wash. U. has a tradition of being a very leftist university (33% Jewish). There are people here from all over the world for Wash. U. It's a wonderful school, and it is located in a really great part of the city-- adjacent to the funky and lively Delmar Loop, just minutes west of the cosmopolitan Central West End. I guarantee if St. Louis wasn't cool, it would not be able to attract the huge contingent of students from the East Coast. There are more students at Wash. U. from the New York City metro area than the entire state of Missouri. That speaks volumes about the environment here.

If you want to visit STL, please PM me and I'd be more than happy to show you the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Wash. U. has a tradition of being a very leftist university (33% Jewish).  There are people here from all over the world for Wash. U.  It's a wonderful school, and it is located in a really great part of the city-- adjacent to the funky and lively Delmar Loop, just minutes west of the cosmopolitan Central West End.  I guarantee if St. Louis wasn't cool, it would not be able to attract the huge contingent of students from the East Coast.  There are more students at Wash. U. from the New York City metro area than the entire state of Missouri.  That speaks volumes about the environment here.

If you want to visit STL, please PM me and I'd be more than happy to show you the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you! Same here, if you ever visit Ecuador. It is a very competitive U also right? :ph34r:

Archived