Strange Oddity

PBJ

Has anyone else noticed the Anti Aircraft gun on top of the building right next to the S-Curve? I believe its the one JUST north of the S-Curve, the one that's really close to the northbound lane. I always see it, and am often wondering what the story is behind it. GRDad may have, or be able to take a picture of it.

I believe it's at the top of this building.. i could be a building off

284A8E20F54A11D98B353FBF18F73B1D.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else noticed the Anti Aircraft gun on top of the building right next to the S-Curve?  I believe its the one JUST north of the S-Curve, the one that's really close to the northbound lane.  I always see it, and am often wondering what the story is behind it.  GRDad may have, or be able to take a picture of it.

I believe it's at the top of this building.. i could be a building off

284A8E20F54A11D98B353FBF18F73B1D.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink::huh: I don't know what else to say :P I wonder where you could get a good view of the top of that building other than from 131? What about from the Wealthy Street overpass?

:blink:  :huh:  I don't know what else to say :P  I wonder where you could get a good view of the top of that building other than from 131?  What about from the Wealthy Street overpass?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I head south on 131 on my way home from work...I'll hafta take a look I think the Wealthy overpass is too far away

I head south on 131 on my way home from work...I'll hafta take a look  I think the Wealthy overpass is too far away

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's on the North East corner of the building. If you're down say by Irish Rose, you can see it as you drive towards Grandville Ave. It looks to be an old WWII style gun, but I don't know much about guns so, I could be WAY off... :rolleyes::unsure:

It's on the North East corner of the building.  If you're down say by Irish Rose, you can see it as you drive towards Grandville Ave.  It looks to be an old WWII style gun, but I don't know much about guns so, I could be WAY off...  :rolleyes:  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I shoulda brought my camera with me...

There are several buildings around GR with wierd things on them. During festival of the arts, there was some weird object (I forget what it was now) sitting on top of the 2 story section of McKay Tower along Monroe Ctr...above 4 friends. If I can, I'll get a pic this weekend

Well I drove past it, and I don't know what it is, but I dont think its an anti-aircraft gun. If I had to guess, I'd say its kind of weather device or some other sciencey contraption. Theres a bunch of surveillance cameras up there too. It kinda looks like a gun though.

Well I drove past it, and I don't know what it is, but I dont think its an anti-aircraft gun.  If I had to guess, I'd say its kind of weather device or some other sciencey contraption.  Theres a bunch of surveillance cameras up there too.  It kinda looks like a gun though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. It does kind of look like an old 38 caliber gun or something. Maybe it has something to do with the new Homeland Security office in the top floor there :P Kidding. What was stranger than that is when I was driving around Cherry Street Landing to get a good vantage point, I saw a photography crew doing a photo shoot with a model in that old post office on Commerce that is now a parking garage ;) Which was even more ironic because it was dinner time at the mission just across the street, so the crowd was huge.

AADE0350F60B11D99E69EFEC18F73B1D.jpg

I saw a photography crew doing a photo shoot with a model in that old post office on Commerce that is now a parking garage ;)  Which was even more ironic because it was dinner time at the mission just across the street, so the crowd was huge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People models? excuse my seemingly simplistic question.

Archived