Signage Downtown

mpchicago

It's my understanding institutions such as hospitals, muesums and schools do not have to adhere to the city code when it comes to putting up signs. I think however there should be some regulation regardless.

Grand Valley and The Gerald R. Ford Museum are two examples of abuse of this privilege. After seeing GRDad's pic, I was shocked to see the enormous sign that is now plastered across the front of the Ford Museum. It really takes away from the architectural integrity of the building, and clutters the cityscape. It

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my understanding institutions such as hospitals, muesums and schools do not have to adhere to the city code when it comes to putting up signs.  I think however there should be some regulation regardless. 

Grand Valley and The Gerald R. Ford Museum are two examples of abuse of this privilege. After seeing GRDad's pic, I was shocked to see the enormous sign that is now plastered across the front of the Ford Museum.  It really takes away from the architectural integrity of the building, and clutters the cityscape.  It

It's my understanding institutions such as hospitals, muesums and schools do not have to adhere to the city code when it comes to putting up signs.  I think however there should be some regulation regardless. 

Grand Valley and The Gerald R. Ford Museum are two examples of abuse of this privilege. After seeing GRDad's pic, I was shocked to see the enormous sign that is now plastered across the front of the Ford Museum.  It really takes away from the architectural integrity of the building, and clutters the cityscape.  It

You know whats worse?  Those GVSU signs along 131 and 196 cost the school about 80,000 EACH!!  Our tax dollars hard at work....

I dont know what the GR ordinace says about sign size.  I do know that billboards must be at least 1,000 feet from one another.  And it looks like Marriott is gonna put a sign at the top too, although it'll probably be smaller.  Did the City approve the helicopter pad at the top of the hotel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, they did.

It's my understanding institutions such as hospitals, muesums and schools do not have to adhere to the city code when it comes to putting up signs. I think however there should be some regulation regardless.

Grand Valley and The Gerald R. Ford Museum are two examples of abuse of this privilege. After seeing GRDad's pic, I was shocked to see the enormous sign that is now plastered across the front of the Ford Museum. It really takes away from the architectural integrity of the building, and clutters the cityscape. It

maybe I need to take a closer look, but i've always like the signs downtown. Varnum excluded, I have no Idea why that's there, except maybe some lawyers ego needed room to expand, but the otherones have never bothered me, I guess I thought the blue lighting behind the GR Ford letters were asthetically pleasing, of couse, that's not to say that my taste isn't all in my mouth either

Archived