MPLS: The Wave

NorthStar

This is a $55 million proposal located north of the 3rd Avenue bridge on the west bank of the Mississippi River. It will be located at the abandoned Fuji-Ya restaurant site and will include 38 luxury condominiums; some of the upper-end units will be several million dollars for two-story units.

1nealst0716.l.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that The Wave is perfect for this location, though I think that it needs to be a few stories higher so that it covers more of the River West building (the huge ugly brick wall).  Anyone have any more renditionings of the project?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I bought here! It's ugly outside, but it's great inside and getting better with the redevelopment. It's the best deal downtown, at least for me, I spent a lot of $$$ on the remodel because I could afford it given I saved 100 -150k...compared to what I would have paid for a place in one of the new buildings. It's over 60% sold now as well.

Hey, I bought here!  It's ugly outside, but it's great inside and getting better with the redevelopment.  It's the best deal downtown, at least for me, I spent a lot of $$$ on the remodel because I could afford it given I saved 100 -150k...compared to what I would have paid for a place in one of the  new buildings.  It's over 60% sold now as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bought in River West correct? The Wave has not gone on sale yet.

And, I agree Reiver West seems like a good buy!

This might seem a bit repetative if people have read my other post lately, but I think that this project, or one close to it needs to incorporate a few shops. The closest shop to this location is a Kwik E Mart on washington Ave, maybe a small grocery store would so well here.

Mnny many areas downtown are currently lacking shops. In fact, the worst affected area is the Eastern half of downtown --Drive along 5th or Portland or Park and further East and you'll see there is nothing for blocks and blocks and blocks. And, do you notice that all 3 grocery stores are on the West side of downtown --almost in a row. The development will come but it is going to take time.

--Drive along 5th or Portland or Park and further East and you'll see there is nothing for blocks and blocks and blocks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the truth. That's one of the reasons, I steered away from that area when I was condo hunting. But, it may come around in time. And if everybody's stadiums get built, maybe the Metrodome could be converted into a shopping mall. :sick:

But, it may come around in time. And if everybody's stadiums get built, maybe the Metrodome could be converted into a shopping mall.  :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say we keep the metrodome though. I have this crazy vision of the Olympics coming to Minneapolis some day. If you think about it, the Twin Cities have quite a few facilities that can be used and if the stadiums that are proposed ever get completed. It'll probably never happen since there's barely enough hotel rooms to host the final 4.

I say we keep the metrodome though.  I have this crazy vision of the Olympics coming to Minneapolis some day.  If you think about it, the Twin Cities have quite a few facilities that can be used and if the stadiums that are proposed ever get completed.  It'll probably never happen since there's barely enough hotel rooms to host the final 4.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

20 years after they tear down the dome, everyone will say how cool and unique it was. Is till say Pillsbury should buy the Twins and change the team name to the dough boys --and the stadium could be renamed the Poppin' Fresh dome.

• 3 months later...

Be very wary of this development team. They are also designing the 1010 Park project and the height keeps rising and the developers seem unwilling or unable to listen to neighborhood concerns. I strongly suggest you get involved. Your neighborhood needs to hear your specific concerns about this project. And, in my opinion, don't trust a word this developer says!

• 1 month later...

Another recept article in the Downtown Journal stated that it will be 11 stories. At first I thought it was just a typo. As far as the height is concerned, I don't believe that it will really be a big issue is they keep with the same general design of the building. If they do, the talles section will be located at the 3rd Ave side.

Archived