A quick hello

william

Friends,

Just a note to introduce myself. William Williams with The (Nashville) City Paper. I write a column called Creating Places and have followed the built environment for about 30 years. My main interests are the re-invention of older neighborhoods (particularly those with commercial and/or industrial nodes), population figures, skyscrapers, architecture/design and urban planning.

I've been reading this forum for about six months now. John Mathieson, one of my best friends and a man with a great passion for Nashville, has kept me posted regarding the participants of this forum. As you know, he is a key contributor here.

More to follow,

WW

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William

Welcome aboard! I myself am relatively new to the board and a new downtown Nashville resident (I closed this morning !!!!!).

Anyway I have enjoy your articles on development around Nashville in the City Paper and look forward to your views on this forum.

Okay, William, what'd you do with John. The doorman hasn't made an appearance lately, and I, for one, am becoming concerned. He's part of my addiction to this forum. Tell me he's on vacation.

I'm really glad you decided to jump on in. I must admit, I got quite a chuckle over the rebuttal published regarding your (and others) dreams for downtown. No need to get into that here. We know which one it was. lol.

In any event, I'm on your side.

And bound, congratulations on the closing. Sometime if you're out on the balcony and see a "bald spot in a black convertible" circling the blocks early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, give a shout. Dave will do nicely.

William, I do look forward to more commentary (and news) from you. Welcome. Glad to have you.

William, I am truly honored to be able to interact with a pioneer of Nashville's growth and development. I am excited to have you apart of this forum. Its exciting to reside in a city that continues to grow right in front of your eyes.

Once again I extend to you my welcome....

Sincerely

C. M. Jackson...

William, its exciting to see that you have joined. I always enjoy the information you bring us in the city paper and I always enjoy doormans inside scoop. I hope you decide to give us your view or your input on the topics at hand. Once more, welcome.

Yes Dave, I am here! rumor had it that I got buried in some concrete at the Viridian, but I ressurected myself on the third day! (Okay maybe not the third day. I have not been appointed savior yet!) I have been working on my blog as of late, and I also started bowling again. It was sort of an addiction. I averaged 203 over 18 games last wednesday night. Yes, 18 games! I am sore to say the least. I will also be headed to Toronto in the next couple of weeks so I have been getting ready for that.

Edit

I am hesitant to give out my blog name because I did not want anyone putting any inappropriate comments on the blog since I have some readers who may be offended, however I will make the leap of faith so to speak. Please enjoy the blog, however I will keep this site as my forum for debate. I will not write anything political or religious on my blog. I am hoping to get enough readers where I can have some banner ads and make some spare change.

John :D

BTW, William is interested in the next forum meet. Early fall sounds like a good time. By that time Viridian will really be up there and we should see a hole for the Suntrust by that time. The Construction Trailer is there now on the Convention Center side.

Oh, I did not mean the regulars on this forum would misbehave on my blog, but my fear was the hackers that invated skyscrapercity. My wife's boss reads my blog too, so I can't discuss sexual fantasies or liberal politics, I'll have to save that for the XXX forums....just kidding. :whistling:

Those are the rules here. We ge innudated in all kinds of stuff like this almost daily, so as a result the staff has decided that we needed rule #4. The paper can be mentioned because everyone already knows about it and don't need our resources to advertize. Blogs are another matter however. We leave it to the discretion of the moderators in each section to determine what is appropriate. Since we don't yet have a moderator for this section I am it by default. I hope you understand.

Archived