Bangor International Airport

interesting article in portland press herald today in the business section. cannot find an online link to it. but anyways, it said that the BIA was poised for the fasted growth in the country for a regional airport hub. it beat out second place logan in boston for the first place rank. it is hard to believe, but i swear it is true. also, keep this in mind: it handles so few people to begin with that even a few hundred thousand people more per year would be a gigantic increase in percentage terms, whereas the same increase would be miniscule for boston since it already handles so mnay yearly passengers (26 million). bangor handles 450,000 people a year and is projected to witness an increase of 33% over the next howevermany years the article said. so were only talkinf a few hundred thousand more, but anyway, i thought it would be worth mentioning since it is now such a small facility. i will try to find a link to the article.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much of that growth is attributed to diverted flights (if any). Seems everytime the feds think a plane might blow up, they divert it to Bangor. Poor Bangor.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah? wow, i did not know that. i think the article said that bangor was actively courting new jetline carriers (like jetblue) to try and UP their reputation to a regional air transportation hub rather than an emergency landing spot (which i think is what you meant by the blowing up thing). not sure. i still cant find an online link to the article but i will keep looking.

yeah?  wow, i did not know that.  i think the article said that bangor was actively courting new jetline carriers (like jetblue) to try and UP their reputation to a regional air transportation hub rather than an emergency landing spot (which i think is what you meant by the blowing up thing).  not sure.  i still cant find an online link to the article but i will keep looking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gosh I just don't see Bangor, other than regional (Boston, Portland, Hartford, Manchester, Providence service) being able to support a Jet Blue.

Archived