College Park Commons

Florida

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above image is all that sits on the site of a future upscale High-rise downtown development. I spoke to developer of the project just a few weeks ago about renderings and such and he informed me that one had just been completed by his architect and that a website should be up and running soon.

From what he tells me and what I've seen in the city records for his building permit, the structure should be over 12ft tall with units going for $250,000 and up. So not your market rate project here, but surely a quality project.

So is it reasonable to assume that the 11-13 story plans are going to be the norm for downtown. Or is it going to change once developers feel out the downtown tally market. I like the idea of mutliple developments, but even with all the land currently in neglect downtown, eventually, we will be thirsty for more properties.

Absolutey... I know this is very preliminary in its planning stages, but because of the fact that this property is long and narrow, I've had a vision of how it might look... I saw this picture browsing around on Urban Planet, this building I'm about to show is 9 stories, ours will be 11 or 12 but if it looks like this I wouldn't mind a bit...

post-3748-1121585772_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1121585772_thumb.jpg

oohh... now that sounds good... because when you think of how this building will bridge the area between downtown and the school, a building like the one you describe would only accent the beauty of both districts. Although Im not big on the pine trees... I can see having a few of those in the back ground also... I'd prefer some Crapes or Dogwoods.

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think that is the least attractive of all the condos going up in Tally. Very plain looking. All concrete. That said, all the others have looked nice.

Should be interesting to see how these "luxury" condo residents do living next to all the fraternity houses. I imagine there will be some issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived