College Park Commons

Florida

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hasn't been much in the news surrounding this project since it was propsoed. It has moved rather quickly through permitting, however, I do believe they have a few more permits to get. Meanwhile, I'm left to wonder what will become of College Avenue which is lined with old abandoned Frat Homes.

I'd like to see the city purchase these properties, and sell them to quality developers. It would be a priority of mine to build UP this College Avenue Corridor if I were in charge, especially in these times of downtown resurgences.

The Plaza tower was supossed to be just that... affordable rental units. However someone found their brains and discovered a building directly behind Florida's Capitol building would be better suited for Concierge and luxury.

The developers Osbourne-Andersen that competed against Birmingham based Gameday Centers for the Tallahassee Center property were also proposing to build Market rate rental units, but their proposal was passed over because at that time the plan was to have rental at the Kleman Tower (Plaza Tower, BCOM) and no competing use on the other spot. It was a bait and switch... and to date not much has been said of it.

But maybe the Village may become rental.

There hasn't been much in the news surrounding this project since it was propsoed. It has moved rather quickly through permitting, however, I do believe they have a few more permits to get. Meanwhile, I'm left to wonder what will become of College Avenue which is lined with old abandoned Frat Homes.

I'd like to see the city purchase these properties, and sell them to quality developers. It would be a priority of mine to build UP this College Avenue Corridor if I were in charge, especially in these times of downtown resurgences.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There aren't any abandoned Frat Homes on College Ave. But here is what there is....

Sigma Nu - Rental. Not sure what the owner will do.

KA - Owned by KA, they aren't going anywhere and that doesn't allow for the Sigma Nu property to be large enough to interest developers.

The old Lamda Chi property - where that 13 story condo is going. It would of been bigger if KA and/or Sigmi Chi had sold.

Sigma Chi - They currently have plans to build on this lot (across from Pott Bellies) but I know some real estate folks that think this is a mistake. Why a fraternity wants to be next to a 13 story luxury condo, but they do. They think because they are off campus they can do whatever they want....what they haven't figured out is that rich folks won't put up with that fraternity part BS. Truly, same goes for KA.

Other side of street....

Old Sigma Chi rental property - owned by some lady. Rents for 7K a month. Another fratnerity is moving here afer Sigma Chi is moving to an sorority house rental until their new house is built.

Phi Kappa Pi - owned by the fratnerity. Not big enough of a lot by itself to attract developers.

Pi Lamda House - was rented by a fraternity..no longer. The house is for sale (asking price $1.1 Million). Not big enough by itself to be anything signficant. Maybe if they could by this AND the Phi Kappa Pi house.

Nice break down... is that old lady really getting $7000 a month! WHOA!

Not sure why the jerkoffs would want to live next door to luxury condo either... and I'm really not understanding why they won't just follow the rest to Heritage grove and leave the downtown to the grown folks.

Nice break down... is that old lady really getting $7000 a month! WHOA!

Not sure why the jerkoffs would want to live next door to luxury condo either... and I'm really not understanding why they won't just follow the rest to Heritage grove and leave the downtown to the grown folks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I am not calling anyone jerkoffs. I am not sure if I get their logic though.

Once KA built that house there, that locked in the likely hood that College Ave will keep 3 fratnerities there (2 other renting until the owner moves on). That will limit growth here.

• 4 weeks later...

It's only just begun.(du dum) B)

What kind of project would you guys like to see? How many stories should it be? I know I personally would like to have a downtown arcade/gaming center. I can see it being 3 stories on the top floor and 2 levels of arcades which includes a laster tag area.

This is awesome that you are thinking ahead. I know if you ask my girlfriend, she'd probably say, she wants to see our downtown establish a very nice shopping district, like you see in many Florida downtowns south of us. I like the idea of that. I'd really enjoy the river walk concept they sold us with Blue Print 2000... I hope to see the cascades trail come somewhere close to that.

Archived