College Park Commons

Florida

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm beginning to question whether or not I'm happy about the fact that Tallahassee is getting all of these developments that are "better than nothing". My motto has long been, "It's not my land". But it is our city, and I just feel we ought to begin to see more projects in the downtown area that are of a higher quality. For this reason, I'm really hoping to see a knock-out 3-story design.

Good summary josefk. I think you "hit the nail right on the head!" While I'm w/you guys on cleaning up College and connecting town to gown, my fear w/this new proposal is will it in time just become another student ghetto? Once the original owner's kids graduate, if they just lease out the condos and never visit them, things could start going down-hill fast.

Good summary josefk. I think you "hit the nail right on the head!" While I'm w/you guys on cleaning up College and connecting town to gown, my fear w/this new proposal is will it in time just become another student ghetto? Once the original owner's kids graduate, if they just lease out the condos and never visit them, things could start going down-hill fast.

Thanks poonther and spc for the little pat on the back- I just want to make clear though that hope the final product proves me wrong (it- me being wrong- happens more often that I'd care to admit), and that it can be a nice piece of the college avenue puzzle.....we'll all just have to keep our fingers crossed I suppose.

On another downtown condo note (and i believe there may already be a thread somewhere), I notice in the paper today that there was a public notice regarding the design review of the proposed condo development on that long parcel on the north side of Gaines St. (605 or 650 I believe) between RR and Gay St. next tuesday (the 8th) at the Frenchtown center..........anyone (Florida :P ) want to see if we can organize one of the UP spies to get over there and snap some pictures of the renderings :camera:

It seems like that parcel along college has too much potential to just settle for urrent needs. A better plan would be a georgous 3 storydevelopment now, with ample parking and retail, that can be financially smart for the current market (so it just doesnt sit there collecting dust and beer bottles). Then in a couple of years, with a more maturing market, build up a second phase of the poject, higher. Plan now, for growth later. It coud be hot. A lil something now, and and to grow on.

• 2 months later...

UPdate{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} March 9, 2008

march8099zy8.jpg

Signs have been removed from the project site. On the College Avenue Side, the site is being used for leased-parking to FSU students. I received an e-mail about this project no more than a month ago indicating that developers were looking to move forward with plans to build "something" on this property. Here's a shot to update you all on the current status, which as you can see is: Unchanged.

Archived