Huntersville Ranked Best of the Best Place to Live

monsoon

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Its close enough to Charlotte to enjoy the benefits, but far enough away to avoid most of the problems. You can be snow skiing in 90 minutes from here, the beach is close, and the mountains are an easy drive. City has boating access to two very nice lakes and there are plenty of parks. And they are truly trying to get a handle on sprawl here, which, outside of Davidson, is really the city in the county to do so.

There are events and activities that go on here that appeal to all ages and tastes (which most people in CLT seem oblivious too), access to plenty of shopping, and generally a high quality of life. I would say that CNN/Money on on the mark on this one.

Now, if we could only unhook from CMS and Mecklenburg county. ^_^

Cnn/Money magazine just released its 100 best places to live in the USA and Huntersville was only one of only 4 NC cities to make the list and the only one in Mecklenburg county.

The NC contenders are

And the magazine ranked Cary way ahead of Huntersville...metro do you think that Money was right on the mark with that too? Personally I would choose Huntersville over Cary anydays.

These rankings are always a snapshot of stats at a given time...they don't look at the whole picture. By themselves they are rather meaningless, but when put in the proper context they can be helpful.

There is only ONE in the TOP 50. Everytime I post about this opinionated pole I get a bit more frustrated. NC is one of the BEST states in the entire US. From the coast to the Mountains. The state is full of wonderful places. I have lived in many states and I find few that compare. Four distinct seasons, a low cost of living as compared to the national average, and Urban areas that are some of the fastest growing in the country and all we get is ONE city in the top 50 ! :angry:

A2

And number 1 and number 9 are in New Jersey of all places!  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New Jersey has some amazing places to live. I lived in New Hope PA which is right across the Deleware river from Jersey. Its absolutly gorgeous. People are very progressive and lots of art. Of course New York City is just 90 miles away. Only down-side is real estate has gone through the roof.

New Jersey has some amazing places to live. I lived in New Hope PA which is right across the Deleware river from Jersey. Its absolutly gorgeous. People are very progressive and lots of art. Of course New York City is just 90 miles away. Only down-side is real estate has gone through the roof.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree SB. I love New Hope too. :wub: A ton of history to boot. But, I just think that to have only ONE city in the TOP 50 is over the top in being biased.

A2

And the magazine ranked Cary way ahead of Huntersville...metro do you think that Money was right on the mark with that too? Personally I would choose Huntersville over Cary anydays.

These rankings are always a snapshot of stats at a given time...they don't look at the whole picture. By themselves they are rather meaningless, but when put in the proper context they can be helpful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have not been to Cary in more than 10 years, so I am not qualified to answer that one.

Lol, my grandmother and some cousins live in New Jersey. For it to have the number 1 and 9 rankings is completely ludicrous. That state doesn't seem like a very good state to live in. North Jersey is wall to wall sprawl from NYC, south Jersey is just a bunch of fields. My grandmother should be on the chamber of commerce. She's always up on her Jersey tomatoes and corn. The funny thing is, they're no better than NC or SC corn or tomatoes. She lives right near the Delaware River near Philly, and that area is full of oil refineries and the like. They are obsessed with their "Jersey Shore", and I hate to break it to them, but it has nothing on NC or SC beaches. This list makes me laugh.

Archived