School: Florida State University

csmurphy8885

We were all thinking it... I just did it.

Yesterday i went to the gym on campus and noticed that the new band/practice field was completed adn painted. The gate was open, the area is really transformed. The field is full size and supposedly artificial for low mantanaince and quality. I did not see any work on parking in that area, but as i understand those old gravel lots are getting a face lift as well. Also, the Fine Arts building cannot handle even a florida afternoon thunderstorm without losing ceiling tiles and flooding the sculture labs.... (minor venting from the art major)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida State University!

TheWestcottBuilding.jpg

Aside from being my school... :D

Florida State University is a comprehensive, national graduate research university that puts research into action for the benefit of our students and society. Our extensive graduate programs, and our law and medical schools, inform the graduate, professional and undergraduate experiences, making Florida State University a demanding and intellectually stimulating environment for students and faculty.

With an impressive breadth of programs, Florida State University has leading graduate, professional, and undergraduate programs in a variety of fields. Many units have programs that consistently rank among the nation

I couldn't wait to talk about this... I stumbled across some images of a possible future renovation of the FSU law school facility just across the street from the civic center. It may be hard to make this image out, but it'll give a small idea of how things might shape up...

I like the Federal style look of the design. I've been thinking for some time now we need more buildings with this federal style architecture, I suppose thats what comes when you're not captured by union troops.

post-3748-1121584988_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1121585004_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1121584988_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1121585004_thumb.jpg

oh yes, you have been looking forward to this thread....lol. nice overview man.

The law school is a great location. I would love to see them redesign the block in any way. It seems like a nice parking garage would go a long way for those future alumniseses.... $$ The federal style is nice, but at least five stories would give more room to expand and create a little more significants to this iscolated program.

thats a rendering of their propsed Opera Hall... location yet to be determined as far as I know. Im not sure they will follow through with the plans for this facility if the community continues to move forward with plans for the Performing Arts Center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This one is dead last I heard.

Thanks for the pictures....FYI, the new College of Medicine building is beautiful ...love how they kept the Oak Trees.

Also, the rendering of the Law School addition/renovation. That looks like they added some space on one side...but the side away from the CC..ie not Pensacola. Is that right? I would love to see both sides have the Federated style arch.

Side not. FSU Law is probably one of FSU most successful programs. It recently ranked near the top 50 in the nation.

I had some more renderings of the College of Medicine phases 2 and 3 but I can't seem to locate them on here. It is true that they are adding space on the side opposite of the Civic Center... I'm trying to picture now wether or not there are former fraternity homes over there, or aparments... its hard to remember. I'll ride over there and take a look today. I'd really like to see the Civic Center side with that new look like St. Joe... and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar look at the Civic Center. Any future hotel has the potential to adopt a similar design. Its more fitting for a Capital City IMO.

there are horrid hotel converted into 1 bdrm appartments on the other side of the law school... they are so discusting. If there is anything in that sector that needs to be demolished, i vote those. yuckk. though, i would like to see more student housing in that place, maybe a high rise appartment with rent i could afford with loans...lol. but the law school is making us money, they should have a big say in anything in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

One of these days I need to bring my camera to work to take pictures of what's going on.

1) The Pool in the middle of Campus (Stults Aquatic Center) is being torn out to eventually make way for a classroom building

2) A couple of frat houses on the corner of Wildwood and Jefferson have been torn down to make way for another dorm complex

It's gonna be a mess with all the construction over the next year or 5

One of these days I need to bring my camera to work to take pictures of what's going on.

1) The Pool in the middle of Campus (Stults Aquatic Center) is being torn out to eventually make way for a classroom building

2) A couple of frat houses on the corner of Wildwood and Jefferson have been torn down to make way for another dorm complex

It's gonna be a mess with all the construction over the next year or 5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been a mess for the past 5 years... but I should say, the results have been well worth the dust.

It hoguht i heard there was going to be major parking improvements behind tully, where they just put that new stro turf field.  TO me, that would be another garage, but i havent heard much else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... buddy... there is a brand new parking garage there now. It should be able to hold 500-1000 cars. They have also paved over most of the former gravel lots around the gym and stadium... most of this work is completed... if you need pics I'll try to get over there and snap a few.

Archived