School: Florida State University

csmurphy8885

Speaking of traditions from another thread, I can't believe I'm saying this but I am beginning (note the word beginning) to feel it's time for another long standing tradition at FSU to go. You know who I'm talking about dag-gum Bobby Bowden. I really just want his son removed, but if he's gonna stand in the way of what is an illegal hiring anyway, then he should just go too. Yes, I know all he's done for FSU I'm well aware of that. I was a Seminole fan way back when if they broke .500 it was a great year. I know this won't happen w/TK and Dave Hart at the helm as they are both castrated when it comes to this topic. But something has to be done. It's awful.

So do we just stick by Bobby and his awful son Jeffy b/c it's tradition and we are so grateful to the man for what he's done or do we "cut bait and run?" I'm not sure what to do? I really am confused, but I never thought I'd be saying get rid of Bobby in a million years, but after sweating my ass off watching that awful game on Sat. night.....I don't know.

Your thoughts? I know you sports fan (many of you are way more into it than I am) have your feelings on this subject. Let us know....

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of traditions from another thread, I can't believe I'm saying this but I am beginning (note the word beginning) to feel it's time for another long standing tradition at FSU to go. You know who I'm talking about dag-gum Bobby Bowden. I really just want his son removed, but if he's gonna stand in the way of what is an illegal hiring anyway, then he should just go too. Yes, I know all he's done for FSU I'm well aware of that. I was a Seminole fan way back when if they broke .500 it was a great year. I know this won't happen w/TK and Dave Hart at the helm as they are both castrated when it comes to this topic. But something has to be done. It's awful.

So do we just stick by Bobby and his awful son Jeffy b/c it's tradition and we are so grateful to the man for what he's done or do we "cut bait and run?" I'm not sure what to do? I really am confused, but I never thought I'd be saying get rid of Bobby in a million years, but after sweating my ass off watching that awful game on Sat. night.....I don't know.

Your thoughts? I know you sports fan (many of you are way more into it than I am) have your feelings on this subject. Let us know....

Agree 100%. Say bye-bye to Coker too! :D

I said almost the exact same thing to someone at work today. Of course I don't take the losses as serious as I did in the past, but FSU has had too much talent over the past 6-7 years to continue to play at the level they've been playing at. And the reason is so obvious. When there was good offensive coaching, Mark Richt, the offense was red hot. When he left, he took it with him. Notice the one constant, Mickey Andrew's defense. Mickey deserves better partners for his efforts at FSU. Jeff Bowden should probably resign as Offensive coordinator and stick to coaching the wide recievers, that's if he truly cared for the team.

I said almost the exact same thing to someone at work today. Of course I don't take the losses as serious as I did in the past, but FSU has had too much talent over the past 6-7 years to continue to play at the level they've been playing at. And the reason is so obvious. When there was good offensive coaching, Mark Richt, the offense was red hot. When he left, he took it with him. Notice the one constant, Mickey Andrew's defense. Mickey deserves better partners for his efforts at FSU. Jeff Bowden should probably resign as Offensive coordinator and stick to coaching the wide recievers, that's if he truly cared for the team.

Not to mention the depth that is missing because of having FSU's former bench starting for USF & UCF, amongst others.

I agree! :thumbsup: I think Dave Hart needs to clean house!

Anyone care to elaborate on this New Center of Excellence:

http://tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...GNEWS/609180353

What Dave Hart SHOULD do & WILL do are two different things altogether.

Didn't I read somewhere that FSU has lost as many or more games since Jeffy started in 2000 as we did in all seasons from '87 to '99?

Yeah I'm all for the Center of Excellence for either of our two universities. Either school winning it would help the city. Our universities need something new and for a "shot in the arm." UCF got a new med school and Burnham moving to town, FAU got Scripps and Torrey Pines and FIU got a med. school too. We desperately need something fast!

Did anyone read Jeff's article this morning in The Democrat? Not only can he not piece together a sentence, but he passes all the blame.

Yeah I read that. I always thought no matter what happened and who was at fault, it was the coach's duty to take the blame/fall. I guess Jeffy doesn't believe in the old Truman saying "The Buck Stops Here."

Jeffy must leave and if he won't on his own, then those keeping him there must leave too.

Yeah I read that. I always thought no matter what happened and who was at fault, it was the coach's duty to take the blame/fall. I guess Jeffy doesn't believe in the old Truman saying "The Buck Stops Here."

Jeffy must leave and if he won't on his own, then those keeping him there must leave too.

Your right, even though the players still did a poor job of executing plays that were called, ultimately, the coach has to admit that he didnt have his team prepared.

I agree 100%

• 3 weeks later...

^Hey EG, good to see you post again! I always represent, root and pull for my Alma Mater FSU, but that doesn't mean I have to be for the coaches. They still aren't gonna at least try XL this week. I'm no longer upset/mad/angry about the football situation just sadly apathetic. :cry:

^Hey EG, good to see you post again! I always represent, root and pull for my Alma Mater FSU, but that doesn't mean I have to be for the coaches. They still aren't gonna at least try XL this week. I'm no longer upset/mad/angry about the football situation just sadly apathetic. :cry:

Exactly.

It's like we start off 3-0, and already we dropped 2 games against teams we should have beaten. What happened to the Seminoles of the 90s, where we used to slaughter everyone that decided to test us? We have some good players, but the coaches need to utilize them. I will say this, times have changed when teams Florida State had no problems stomping out, either give us trouble or end up beating us.

After 6 years, none of this should be a shock to anyone here. Football teams, like many things in life go through a cycle of good and bad. These setbacks don't spell disaster for FSU, but if FSU's athletic director is wise, he will put out bids for the head Coach position or Offensive Coordinator's position while FSU is still a respectable program. Last thing we want happening to us is to become another Nebraska.

• 1 month later...

Archived