School: Florida State University

csmurphy8885

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Info obtained from www.urbanTallahssee.com

"FSU Names Buildings

Although most of the buildings are still under construction at FSU they now have their official names. The Life Sciences Building will be known as the King Building in honor of Florida State Senator Jim King. The Marine Science Research and Training Center will be known as the Morcorm Aquatics Center, named after Russ and Genie Morcom, and the Track and Field Building will be the Mcintosh Track and Field Building in honor of Michael A. Mcintosh.

Source: WCTV.tv - Blane Tolison

Florida State University

Tallahassee, FL "

For those of you that keep up with Building Names in Tallahassee in the FSU building's as well, I thought that this information might be of interest to some. :-)

Glad to have the Internet to gather such valuable and interesting information about projects and such that are going on in Tallahassee and Post on Urban planet!!!

Info obtained from www.urbanTallahssee.com

"FSU Names Buildings

Although most of the buildings are still under construction at FSU they now have their official names. The Life Sciences Building will be known as the King Building in honor of Florida State Senator Jim King. The Marine Science Research and Training Center will be known as the Morcorm Aquatics Center, named after Russ and Genie Morcom, and the Track and Field Building will be the Mcintosh Track and Field Building in honor of Michael A. Mcintosh.

Source: WCTV.tv - Blane Tolison

Florida State University

Tallahassee, FL "

For those of you that keep up with Building Names in Tallahassee in the FSU building's as well, I thought that this information might be of interest to some. :-)

Glad to have the Internet to gather such valuable and interesting information about projects and such that are going on in Tallahassee and Post on Urban planet!!!

it was reported over on warchant.com that the indoor tennis facility you guy mentioned might actually be an all sports indoor facility big enough for even the football team to practice in when there are lightning storms. but they want to make it a versatile facility involving configurations for a bunch of other sports as well. they even mentioned using it to host the national indoor track and field championships in the near future. but something this big will take up space. so there is lots of speculation as to where they would put it. some are thinking moving the circus and building it there and incorporating the band practice field inside the facility. others have said the space between the softball complex and the track and field complex. still others have said the intramural fields. should be interesting to see what happens with this in the coming months. apparently it is to be completed by fall of next year.

it was reported over on warchant.com that the indoor tennis facility you guy mentioned might actually be an all sports indoor facility big enough for even the football team to practice in when there are lightning storms. but they want to make it a versatile facility involving configurations for a bunch of other sports as well. they even mentioned using it to host the national indoor track and field championships in the near future. but something this big will take up space. so there is lots of speculation as to where they would put it. some are thinking moving the circus and building it there and incorporating the band practice field inside the facility. others have said the space between the softball complex and the track and field complex. still others have said the intramural fields. should be interesting to see what happens with this in the coming months. apparently it is to be completed by fall of next year.

^ Haha, you're exactly right, Poonther. How pathetic is it that Florida/TaureanJ/TJ/Toyota has to try and drum up some traffic on his website? The FEW times I have been by there, I've seen no more than 2 people online. One being me, the other being him hahaha.

"You will read about my projects and you will like them, Tallahassee, and I dont want to hear any of your opinions about them. I am the annointed one." ;)

- Florida/TaureanJ/TJ/Toyota

Hey Poonther,

Did you notice that no more than 1 hour after my comment about traffic at TJ's website, he put up a counter showing registered members and vists, etc? hahahaha. I wonder how many of those visits are just him? When you have a free site, it counts editing of pages by the administrator as visits. This goes to show that he still reads here regularly. TJ, you may have your own site now, but you're still a puppet...and Im the puppeteer.

bobthebuilderpuppetlw8.jpg

I also noticed that after you posted something yesterday it magically appeared on the competitive website very soon after. Its strange that he has no sort of timestamp on his posts, so that it doesnt appear as if he's stealing info. Its got to bug him to no end when someone beats him to info. Hey Tj, go ahead and put a time stamp on the rest of your posts from now on (as GG begins pulling the puppet strings...).

Well well well. I walk by these projects every day. and its amazing how many projects have been going on at FSU the last couple years.

I guess, FSU had these massive projects set aside in the budget for a lOOOONg time, because they have probably spent close to a billion dollars in the last 2-3 years at FSU alone.

Well well well. I walk by these projects every day. and its amazing how many projects have been going on at FSU the last couple years.

I guess, FSU had these massive projects set aside in the budget for a lOOOONg time, because they have probably spent close to a billion dollars in the last 2-3 years at FSU alone.

• 1 month later...

For the record...

"Southwest Campus" is what the University is calling future developments in the Innovation Park area, currently home to Engineering, Mag Lab, Golf Course, WFSU, Alumni Village.

The new master plan calls for main campus to become primarily academic and housing; with most support services, athletics, research, and other ancillary activities moving to Southwest campus.

For example, the whole Maintenance Complex in the center of campus is slated for demolition and replacement with a new student union.

While this project isn't technically on campus, it's right across the street from it.

New life for the Sweet Shop? This project comes before COT Site Plan review on 6.5.

Go-Green Sweet Shop Apartment Project (TPA080048) (21-35-40- A-0240) located on 0.10-acre at 701 West Jefferson St. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing structure and the construction of a 5,000+ square foot commercial/retail building. The property is zoned UT (University Transition).

I'm confused a little b/c the project is entitled Apt. Project but when you read the description it states that it's going to be a 5k+ sq. ft. commercial/retail bldg.

Can anyone explain that one?

While this project isn't technically on campus, it's right across the street from it.

New life for the Sweet Shop? This project comes before COT Site Plan review on 6.5.

Go-Green Sweet Shop Apartment Project (TPA080048) (21-35-40- A-0240) located on 0.10-acre at 701 West Jefferson St. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing structure and the construction of a 5,000+ square foot commercial/retail building. The property is zoned UT (University Transition).

I'm confused a little b/c the project is entitled Apt. Project but when you read the description it states that it's going to be a 5k+ sq. ft. commercial/retail bldg.

Can anyone explain that one?

^Glad to see that it wasn't just me that is confused by this proposal. Maybe they will be submitting two separate plans, but I've never seen that done before for a single parcel. Maybe they just left part of the info out inadvertently? I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

TD, I was kidnapped by the RRM for exposing them and was dropped off near the corner of Market and Van Ness. So be careful out there. ;)

Archived