Tallahassee Community College

Florida

Tallahassee Community College:

TCCStudentUnionFront2.jpg

Since 1966, Tallahassee Community College has offered instruction of the highest quality for citizens of Leon, Gadsden, and Wakulla counties-the primary service area-along with students from throughout the state, nation and world.

Around 80 percent of TCC's enrollment of over 14,500 is in the Associate in Arts transfer program. TCC was recently listed 22nd among the nation's top producers of A.A. graduates. The largest feeder institution to Florida State University, TCC also has an excellent relationship with Florida A&M University and other universities in Florida. Nearly three-fourths of the College's A.A. graduates transfer into the State University System the next year, the highest percentage in the Florida Community College System.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this school also houses the Ralph Hurst museam within the auditorium. He passed not too long ago, but before he did, he bacame one fo the regions most successful carvers, sculpting alabaster and other stones into some of the most beautifully florida birds and wildlife, as a proffessor at FSU helped to pioneer casting techiques designing the of the reliefs in the FSU studnet union, instructing my most influential teahcer, Joyce Keuling (art teacher at Rickards High- sadly retiring soon), and provided me with an aprentiship that to this date resulted in the most significant impact on me and my art while i was still a high school student.

The Ralph Hurst Museaum is a must see. anytime you are in a gallery and see a white stone bird, check it for the Hurst signiture and appreciate the fact that a man in modern times was able to impact so many, and be so successful. R.I.P sir.

PS. thanks for the AA TCC, i am one of those who ran down pensicola to the mother school. :D

Now now lets not get offensive. I meant that when I was still at TCC, I now attend FSU, which I think is a great college. However, as an overall institution, UF scores higher than FSU, but they wouldnt take my 4.1 and 1375 SAT so I told them (the UF college not the UF athletics) to basically screw themselves. Now, Im glad I did, I love tallahassee.

Now now lets not get offensive.  I meant that when I was still at TCC, I now attend FSU, which I think is a great college.  However, as an overall institution, UF scores higher than FSU, but they wouldnt take my 4.1 and 1375 SAT so I told them (the UF college not the UF athletics) to basically screw themselves.  Now, Im glad I did, I love tallahassee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough. But you can see where I viewed it as a shot.

Yes, UF does score higher than FSU. UF is a great school as is FSU. My father is a UF grad. But as a loyal FSU nole...I stick up for my school ;)

Fair enough.  But you can see where I viewed it as a shot.

Yes, UF does score higher than FSU.  UF is a great school as is FSU.  My father is a UF grad.  But as a loyal FSU nole...I stick up for my school ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that brotha! I like the Gator dude because he likes Tally... and I like St Joe because of his loyalty to my school.

I love FSU also (as in the college)...after I get my degrees from there, I would love to continue there at the College of Law.

St Joe, do you work for St Joe? (probably a stupid question) A mutual fund I own has St Joe as its largest holding. Its a great company.

I love FSU also (as in the college)...after I get my degrees from there, I would love to continue there at the College of Law.

St Joe, do you work for St Joe?  (probably a stupid question)  A mutual fund I own has St Joe as its largest holding.  Its a great company.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am amazed you are the first to ask me that question. I am not a St Joe employee. I live in a St Joe development and I bought a lot of St Joe stock about 5 years ago. So I have done a lot of research on the company, etc. Best investment I have ever made...not that my track record is very good...but it has been good to me. You should hold onto that mutual fund.

I was in high school when my dad with to law school at UF....man that looked tough. Good luck to you getting your degree. FSU law school has been doing really well lately. It just moved up 11 spots in the US news rankings (somewhere approaching top 50)....and remember, you have to throw back some coin at your alma mater...even if you root for the Gators.

Well thats definitely good if you bought it 5 years ago. I'll guess you probably bought it around $30-32, and I believe it closed somewhere around $85 yesterday. A good investment indeed.

FSU's law school has climbed the ladder quickly as of late. They actually still rank a little below UF-Levin, but I also read where they are placing graduates quicker and with better starting pay. Thats a no-brainer to me. A few of the Representatives and Senators I work with while at school went to FSU Law, and they really enjoyed it.

And lets make it clear, I enjoy FSU, and even the Noles pretty much every game except for near the end of November. And you can bet, come the first game in September on Monday night, I'll be decked out in my garnet and gold!

Well thats definitely good if you bought it 5 years ago.  I'll guess you probably bought it around $30-32, and I believe it closed somewhere around $85 yesterday.  A good investment indeed. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought in two rounds...one around $22 and the other around $24! If you can believe that. Now I am struggling with whether I should sell some...take some profits.

LoL...now that weve really gotten off topic, but something I know more about than skylines...

wow, you're doing really well at those buy points. Now, keep in mind I am a Junior in college, but have been investing since my sophomore year of high school, so this is free advice, and its definitely not my profession (yet).

One of the first things I like to look at is who else owns the stock (i.e. individuals and mutual funds) Mr Dupont owns St Joe, and big mutual fund companies such as Third Avenue, Franklin Templeton and Marisco have St Joe as their largest holdings. That works for me.

St. Joe has also been performing well against the industry and big competitors. Their P/E Ratio is ok, but they do have a solid Return on Equity of approximately 18%. They have had solid earnings within the past year and have beaten earnings estimates within the past year, both good signs. With real estate beign as hot as it is right now, and the amount of land St. Joe has to offer to these developers, they have huge income potential, which is measured by the quality of a good that the producer has to offer, which in this case is land. Land in central florida is nearing ridculous. Im sure it is a little bit slower in North Florida, but the trend will get there soon if it hasnt.

Enough of my babbling, I think St. Joe looks good. I wish I would have got in when you did. Im not going to tell you to buy or sell, nor should you listen to me (lol), but their numbers look good.

* Analyst nor family does not own the stock. :D

LoL...now that weve really gotten off topic, but something I know more about than skylines...

wow, you're doing really well at those buy points.  Now, keep in mind I am a Junior in college, but have been investing since my sophomore year of high school, so this is free advice, and its definitely not my profession (yet). 

One of the first things I like to look at is who else owns the stock (i.e. individuals and mutual funds) Mr Dupont owns St Joe, and big mutual fund companies such as Third Avenue, Franklin Templeton and Marisco have St Joe as their largest holdings.  That works for me.

St. Joe has also been performing well against the industry and big competitors.  Their P/E Ratio is ok, but they do have a solid Return on Equity of approximately 18%.  They have had solid earnings within the past year and have beaten earnings estimates within the past year, both good signs.  With real estate beign as hot as it is right now, and the amount of land St. Joe has to offer to these developers, they have huge income potential, which is measured by the quality of a good that the producer has to offer, which in this case is land.  Land in central florida is nearing ridculous.  Im sure it is a little bit slower in North Florida, but the trend will get there soon if it hasnt. 

Enough of my babbling, I think St. Joe looks good.  I wish I would have got in when you did.  Im not going to tell you to buy or sell, nor should you listen to me (lol), but their numbers look good.

* Analyst nor family does not own the stock.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^Nice little bit there... I like that piece of knowledge you shared, not bad for an FSU student huh.

• 6 months later...

TCC seeks to Boost Healthcare Education

Ghazvini family donates $2 Million to College

The largest single donation will be announced today for TCC. The $2,000,000 comes in the form of land that the college will sell off to generate the revenue. What great timing!

At a time when Tallahassee seeks to diversify its economy and the city and state are suffering from a shortage in health care workers, the Capital City's Community College seeks to provide the education needed to fill the voids. Bill Law, President of TCC, looks to ask the Florida legislature this year for the funds needed to construct the new school that will help the college double its health care enrollment by 2010. There may even be the opportunity for a hospital on the west side of Tallahassee.

PLANNED TCC CENTER FOR HEALTH EDUCATION

• $23 million for planning, construction being sought from state Legislature

• $2 million, plus matching state money, donated by Ghazvini Family

• 8.5-acre site donated by Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare

TCC Currently Trains Professionals in: Nursing, radiology technology, respiratory care, emergency medical technology, dental hygiene and dental assisting (more fields may be added in the future)

Archived