Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Talgov.com

Is the new Talgov as user friendly as the old?

IN my opinion, it seems more difficult to find things, although it may just take some getting used to. I like the fact that they "refreshed" the look, but something about it looks incomplete.

i do not hink they update the website enough for me to visit it on a regular basis. I know that some people are using it for paying bills. But i like pictures and current events

They aren't good about posting new pictures on a regular basis, but the info on the website changes quite frequently... I'll give them that.

We some how need to let talgov know about urbanplanet. I am sure there are some people out there who feels the same way we feel about development in Tallahassee and other parts of the country.

I agree with you. I believe you or someone here said there was a link to UP from the Orlando city webpage. I went to that page and didn't see any link to UP. But maybe we should pave the way. I like the idea of letting the city know, and I'd like to have more people on here talking about Tallahassee.

Yeah... I mean truly, the more people we get blogging on this thing so to speak, the more this will become a tool for economic development and public comment.

You know I've thought about that. Things starting to take shape that we've been discussing here. I don't know if we discuss them because we hear about them, or they happen because we discuss them.

Maybe you should look at the top of the home page for main topics. Like where it say development, and all the other stuff. I find it easier that way.

Yeah... but thats all so confusing. I think whats most confusing is the different options for the different visitor, the site reminds me of the myflorida.com website, which I don't like either.

It depends on what I am looking for. They just updated it. Where you click the top headings and then you get some subheadings with topics. This probaly would be 10x easier. It is making it even easier for me.

Try it out: http://www.talgov.com/

I suppose you're right... I really didn't think much of using the different classifications as browsing tools but they seem effective in taking you where you want to go.