Virginia Beach Photos

rusthebuss

can i post any pictures of vabeach here, or only those of lynnhaven mall? i have some nice pictures of the oceanfront at sunrise and don't know where else to put them. they're from earlier this summer, and in one of them you can see the hilton and construction of the ocean beach club.

2005-06-26%20009.JPG

2005-06-26%20003.JPG

2005-06-26%20002.JPG

2005-06-26%20004.JPG

2005-06-26%20001.JPG

sorry if the pictures are too big, i haven't posted any on here before.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: Love the pics everyone! Fountains are awesome. The town I used to live in had 2 fountains in its main square and they act as such a natural gathering place. In the heat of the summer there would be food and drink vendors in the plaza and people would sit around the fountains and the kids would play in the water. It was great and I forsee the same for the VBTC fountain. It's stunning! :D

I would have never thought VAbeach would ever had taken this step. I was amazed when I first heard they were trying to build this. I think it caught alot of people off guard when this started.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I was surprised too. I remember that one morning (seems like an eternity ago) I was reading the paper (kids read papers to ya know!! :lol: ). I just remember the rendering and the twin tower design.

I would have never thought VAbeach would ever had taken this step. I was amazed when I first heard they were trying to build this. I think it caught alot of people off guard when this started.

VB had been planning the town center for some time before it was built. The city actively seeked fully private proposals for the land and Divaris was on board with the idea. I would think a town center development makes much more business sense to Divaris than a Wal-mart since they get more money for the land and more money from leasing. Anyway, in the late 90's VB had a developer signed up to start construction on the TC. Then the tech bubble burst and REITs, which I believe this developer was, took a hit. After seeing no takers, VB decided to make it public-private parternship to attract a developer, which ended up being Armada Hoffler. Luckily, 9/11 didn't derail this project once again. However, VB had it in mind to build a downtown and was going to find a way to do it.

Some people do not agree with the TC concept but I am glad they did build it. Gives the people who live here somewhere to go and has a place of being. Before TC was built it seemed everything built was for tourists and very little for its citizens. It is nice to have something for us to have.

I agree guynvb when I was living there it seemed all the road projects and infustructure they were building seemed to be more for the tourists. When you would drive around Pembroke and it had a feeling as if it were rotting year after year, it mad me sad to live in a city that didnt care about its residents.

At least now the people who live there have someplace to go other than the beach, to call their own.

I agree guynvb when I was living there it seemed all the road projects and infustructure they were building seemed to be more for the tourists. When you would drive around Pembroke and it had a feeling as if it were rotting year after year, it mad me sad to live in a city that didnt care about its residents.

At least now the people who live there have someplace to go other than the beach, to call their own.

I never got the impression that the city didn't care. Good schools, good roads, nice parks, nice rec centers, and a safe city. I thought the city was taking care of its citizens pretty nicely before TC came along.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived