Virginia Beach Photos

rusthebuss

oh, I must say that the AH tower does not look as pleasing from that angle. Nevertheless, it is looking more like a real downtown and I like how the trees are covering some of the Cosmo in those pics. Thanks for the pics Seven Cities!

Just imagine how the Westin and the 2nd office tower will look in that first shot. Then it will really look like a downtown.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Mt. Trashmore' ? Is it a landfill ?
It was. Now it's a 165 acre park with a 60' tall and 800' foot long hill/mountain and two lakes. It has a huge childrens area called "Kids Cove" and one of the largest skateparks in the area.

it used to be...

Yeah, I wish they could have come up with a better name, but at least it is original. :rofl:

It was. Now it's a 165 acre park with a 60' tall and 800' foot long hill/mountain and two lakes. It has a huge childrens area called "Kids Cove" and one of the largest skateparks in the area.

Yeah, I wish they could have come up with a better name, but at least it is original. :rofl:

The name is original all right but something a little classier would be better for Va Beach's most visited park.. imho. The only thing I wish the park had was more trees for covering from the summer sun somewhat like Princess Anne Park.

The name is original all right but something a little classier would be better for Va Beach's most visited park.. imho. The only thing I wish the park had was more trees for covering from the summer sun somewhat like Princess Anne Park.

Actually, I don't mind it. It's one of those little quirky things that tends to give a city character. Every city needs something out of the ordinary to call their own. :lol:

I'm actually disappointed at the name of the newer one, Mt. Trashmore 2.

I know someone who submitted a suggestion back in 1999 or 2000, Mt. Moretrash. I like that much more than Trashmore 2.

Mt. Mortrash definately would've been better. :rofl: I think people would really have gotten a kick out of that one.

• 4 weeks later...

I went home to vabeach last weekend and took a few pictures of progress at the oceanfront. i also mentioned a few months ago that condos were going to be built up in my neighborhood where a historic civil war era house is standing, and was asked to get a couple images of that as well. so here ya go.

This is the house, and it is actually protected as a historic building, and will not be moved or disturbed during construction.

2005-11-04%20020.JPG

2005-11-04%20021.JPG

This old barn is also on the site, and is being relocated to North Carolina.

2005-11-04%20029.JPG

Down at the boardwalk...King Neptune...for a sense of scale, do you see the kid climbing around in the octopus at the bottom left of the statue?

2005-11-04%20054.JPG

2005-11-04%20055.JPG

You may recall the mystery building over the summer at the oceanfront...here it is nearly completed.

Beach side:

2005-11-04%20057.JPG

Street Side:

2005-11-04%20063.JPG

Ocean Beach Club...originally it was going to be two towers...is the other one on hold due to the BRAC mess? such a shame if it is.

2005-11-04%20059.JPG

2005-11-04%20061.JPG

2005-11-04%20062.JPG

Does anyone know what's going up over here?

2005-11-04%20064.JPG

2005-11-04%20066.JPG

Progress on the naval aviation monument/plaza behind the Norwegian Lady

2005-11-04%20049.JPG

And this is being built just as you come off the highway towards the oceanfront...not sure what it is yet.

2005-11-04%20038.JPG

And last but not least, I tend to think a city can't really be a city without creepy alleys. well, here's one of ours.

2005-11-04%20070.JPG

thanks...i had been just watching the site since about a year ago, but joined a few months back. most of my posts will probably be photo-related, although occassionally i'll have news about small projects going on in norfolk and vabeach...i work for a small architecture firm, and there are some interesting things coming up...for example, http://www.npl.lib.va.us/pretlow/pretlow_album.html

No, I saw that a month ago and i sent some emails but now response. I have no idea what that's going to be but with 2 piledrivers we can assume it will be multistory to some extent.

Condos, I believe. A buddy of mine that rumages through this site on occasion, 'Stunad', works down there. I can ask his again to confirm though.

No, I saw that a month ago and i sent some emails but now response. I have no idea what that's going to be but with 2 piledrivers we can assume it will be multistory to some extent.

Isn't that Phase 2 of the BeachClub? They're supposed to have a building on the west side of Atlantic. BRAC hasn't figured into the construction yet since VB Council delayed the vote on whether to ban residential and hotel construction in the APZs and 75 dB zone.

Isn't that Phase 2 of the BeachClub? They're supposed to have a building on the west side of Atlantic. BRAC hasn't figured into the construction yet since VB Council delayed the vote on whether to ban residential and hotel construction in the APZs and 75 dB zone.

i don't think it is...based on the drawings from the site, i thought both buildings would be up against the boardwalk. besides, the second building is bigger than the one they just finished, and the spot they're building on right now seems smaller than the footprint of the one they just finished. see look: http://vacationtimesharerentals.com/Upload...each-Club-1.jpg

i don't think it is...based on the drawings from the site, i thought both buildings would be up against the boardwalk. besides, the second building is bigger than the one they just finished, and the spot they're building on right now seems smaller than the footprint of the one they just finished. see look: http://vacationtimesharerentals.com/Upload...each-Club-1.jpg

I just went to the Gold Key/PHR website and looked at the leasing info (click on it for pdf). You're right it's not a tower. All the towers are shown to be on the Boardwalk. It's the parking garage. The shops and leasing center have already been constructed but I don't believe the 6-story garage has. From the photos above, the construction looks to be within the footprint of the planned garage shown in the leasing info pdf.

I just went to the Gold Key/PHR website and looked at the leasing info (click on it for pdf). You're right it's not a tower. All the towers are shown to be on the Boardwalk. It's the parking garage. The shops and leasing center have already been constructed but I don't believe the 6-story garage has. From the photos above, the construction looks to be within the footprint of the planned garage shown in the leasing info pdf.

Yeah, I think that is the garage. There is still demolition that needs to occur in order for the 2nd tower (which will be built in 2 phases) can be put up.

Archived