Virginia Beach Photos

rusthebuss

And this is being built just as you come off the highway towards the oceanfront...not sure what it is yet.

2005-11-04%20038.JPG

Those are condos at 21st St. Approximately 20 of them being built. I compare this to being stuffed in such small a place. Sounds kinda weird to build condos right in the middle of the beachfront area, if you can ask me. I think there should be a lot of stores and mixed-use developments because all we see is low-quality buildings and houses and etc. Visitors to the Oceanfront need something unique when they come off the highway. :whistling:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went by what used to be princess anne park to see what progress has been made on the medical center (?) being built there. i remember this being talked about more in-depth awhile ago, but i don't remember where exactly. if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be pretty ok.

sorry about the quality, but there wasn't a single good spot to get pictures from.

academic%20village%20001.JPG

academic%20village%20002.JPG

academic%20village%20003.JPG

academic%20village%20006.JPG

academic%20village%20011.JPG

academic%20village%20009.JPG

great to see Columbus One with neighbors. That new terra cotta base looks so dumb, when will Divaris see the light with this one.

I agree the pic makes it looks tacky but really when I see it on ground level it does not seem to stick out as much.. maybe that is bc I have see it so long though :lol: .

I agree the pic makes it looks tacky but really when I see it on ground level it does not seem to stick out as much.. maybe that is bc I have see it so long though :lol: .

That could be, I haven't seen it in person. It is kind of a shame that that building will be almost completely hidden when the parking lots around it are redeveloped, but it will always have a special meaning for me.

It is kind of a shame that that building will be almost completely hidden when the parking lots around it are redeveloped...

That building was destined to be dwarfed by its neighbors once VB got their ducks in a row. It's just a sign of the times. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

To get an idea of what may be put up at the ocean front, there is a Springhill Suites in the Newtown area that you can see off of 264. With these chain hotels, I imagine the one at the beach will look pretty similar to the one at Newtown.

I hope it doesn't. You would think that they would spice it up for the ocean front.

• 1 month later...

Hi, ive been looking at this forum for almost a year and i dont think ive ever said anything in the forum. I'd like to introduce myself with a few pics i took yesterday of Virginia beach. here you go.

I was bored yesterday morning so i went outside and took a bunch of pics of VA BEACH.

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

some street art:

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

a few storefronts on the block

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

inside the new hilton.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

ill be here in the summer =)

IMG_0855.jpg

ocean beach club.

IMG_0860.jpg

hilton.

IMG_0845.jpg

i guess someone may have to tell me how to do that correctly. haha.

edit: a little help

i guess someone may have to tell me how to do that correctly. haha.

All you need to do is in photobucket choose the last choice which wraps the images in image tags IMG with brackets on front and back. If you hit reply here you can see the difference in coding. Nice pics btw. :)

Hey Faceless, Great shots of the Beach...did you get any shots of the new condos over near the Hardware store? I've been watching them build these things from the pile stage and would love for everyone to see the great things that are coming online for that part of the city...I don't have a digital camera so I can't post anything...if you have any shots I'd appreciate if you could post them. If not then don't worry, it's not a monumental construction project but evidence of a new and improved Laskin Rd corridor.

I do have a few shots of that construction near the hardware store actually! Check these out. thand Vdogg for editing that post. hopefully you wont have to do that here too. The ocean front is Dense, i just moved back out here 6 months ago from the Los Angeles area and i love Virginia Beach! im 25 so im big into the club and partying type scene and im also into the music and arts scene. We are coming along out here. oh yea, rambling on. here are the pics!

IMG_0842.jpg

The westin construction site crossed my sites too.

IMG_0865.jpg

Archived