MPLS: Skyscape

NorthStar

• 1 month later...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It went on sale right around November 1, 2004  --so it took 10 months for construction to start.  If only Ivy and some of the other developments were so quick to act!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. The Nicollet's Sales Center isn't even open yet, but they are targeting September 8th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering when they would get moving on this one...I've been seeing the marketing for what seems like  years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's been less than two years from when they proposed the project. They only started presales this past spring. But I know what you mean. Once you start watching a project it seems like it never goes anywhere. I'm waiting to see some action on the 1010 Park Ave Project which is right across the street. Once both Skyscape and 1010 Park are complete, this is goign to be a great place to live.

I think it's been less than two years from when they proposed the project.  They only started presales this past spring.  But I know what you mean.  Once you start watching a project it seems like it never goes anywhere.  I'm waiting to see some action on the 1010 Park Ave Project which is right across the street.  Once both Skyscape and 1010 Park are complete, this is goign to be a great place to live.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Hopefully we'll have a few more announced...I think this is only the beginning...people want to live downtown.

I have it on authority that 1010 Park wants to get city approval by the end of the year and start selling units in the Spring. They say they want to break ground a year from now, but I don't see how they can sell enough units that fast. Other projects have been taking 10 months from sales office opening to start of construction.

In addition, 1010 needs zoning changes to get the project built and this requires neighboring property owners to sign a petition --they need 2/3 of property owners to agree. Almost all structures nearest this development are only 4 stories -- so it is uncertain if they will get the need approval...which will just drag the process out longer. The 20+ and 31+ story building are going to negatively impact many of the property owners nearby in terms of sunlight and I've heard many are unhappy with the design of the project.

One of my big concerns actually is for the other 1/4 block East of Skyscape that's a surface parking lot. I hope that it will not stay that way for long. I'd like to see maybe a 5 or 6 story condo building go up with like 30-40 units, and local street front stores. A local bakery would be nice and.

Mainly something to finish off the block and offer store space.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived