Bellemeade Village

cityboi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bellemeade is looking good. i too, cant wait to see this get built. it fits so well with the design of the ballpark and the historic architecture in downtown. it does remind me of whats happening up here in DC around the Shaw and Columbia Heights neighborhoods...very classy, lots of red brick.

the renderings of those 20 townhomes look nice too. Keep it up Greensboro.

I personally would like to see a few national retail chains come downtown.But it will be interesting to what retail establishments will be a part of Bellemeade Village. But I'm excited. Greensboro is finally getting rid of those surface parking lots downtown. The development will add tho the building density downtown.

I personally would like to see a few national retail chains come downtown.But it will be interesting to what retail establishments will be a part of Bellemeade Village. But I'm excited. Greensboro is finally getting rid of those surface parking lots downtown. The development will add tho the building density downtown.

I'd like to see G'boro get some high end retail in those parcels. Like an Ann Taylor or even Crate and Barrel. I don't see Crate and Barrel coming anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the first time i've heard about this place being built. but it looks amazing. it kinda looks like a NYC, central park type building. I'd like to see some more buildings like that open up in the area. not to sound mean, but kinda push the ghetto back. and places like this are gonna make me more money soon anyways, haha.

Totally awesome looking. I don't see C&B getting a Gboro store soon though either hotlanta, because Clt is just getting one.

Its possible, I know alot of times Charlotte gets things and it be years before Triad cities get it, but in some cases Greensboro got it first, like the ballpark for example. I dont think it will be a decade before ddt Greensboro gets a store. I say in the next 3 or 4 years.

I agree... Maybe even sooner. I went to one in Raleigh at Crabtree this past summer. Neat store!

Its possible, I know alot of times Charlotte gets things and it be years before Triad cities get it, but in some cases Greensboro got it first, like the ballpark for example. I dont think it will be a decade before ddt Greensboro gets a store. I say in the next 3 or 4 years.

• 10 months later...

The developers are now gearing more towards having apartments for the project which is in greater demand but have not closed the door on condos. Bellemeade Village was planned before Center Pointe and a few other condo projects which are generating more sales. There can only be but so much demand at one time for residential and Bellemeade is such a huge project. The development may end up being redesign like Unity Place (now West End Village) in Winston-Salem. This may give developers the opportunity to build something even better near the ballpark. It may be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the ACC Hall of Champions & Museum can be incorporated into the development.

I think the cost of the Bellemeade condos had alot to do with it to. The building that was most affordable had 50% presels while the expensive condo building was selling slow. The bellemeade project is competing with Center Pointe and a few others. Surprisingly Center Pointe is selling really well. It could be because people want to live in highrise buildings I dont know but fortantely Bellemeade Village isnt being scrapped. Its just on hold til the plan is redesigned and market ready.

but isnt Southside doing extremely well? i find it hard to believe that Bellemeade has that much lack of interest. i agree with today's article. they should have went ahead and built the Brandt since 50% was spoken for, then sales probably would have been healthy for the rest of the first phase by the development being physical instead of visual.

but isnt Southside doing extremely well? i find it hard to believe that Bellemeade has that much lack of interest. i agree with today's article. they should have went ahead and built the Brandt since 50% was spoken for, then sales probably would have been healthy for the rest of the first phase by the development being physical instead of visual.

In my opinion Greensboro needs to focus more on attracting some high paying jobs to downtown and then people will be able to afford the $300,000 condos. The focus on downtown Greensboro right now seems to be restaurants and bars/clubs. On the other hand, Winston-Salem's dowtown is growing everyday new business are moving and opening up downtown and the research park is bringing high paying jobs to the area.

Greensboro really needs to promote its downtown to some major organizations that might be looking to relocate.

I would think the condo market would follow a healthy job market. I mean look at Charlotte. The boom there is still going strong.

Here are three things that need to be addressed to bring jobs downtown.

1. we need to be more agressive in recruiting companies. They are still looking at other larger metros in the state.

2. we need to make downtown locations more competive with suburban locations. Right now it more expensive per sqaure footage to lease space downtown than the suburbs. There needs to be a "downtown incentive plan" to attract companies to the center-city. We have incentive plans to attract companies to the area. We just need one for downtown. I hate incentives becasue its public financing for private interest but its a game we have to play.

3. There has to be availabe land/office space for large office developments and future parking decks for these office developments. There have been reports that there were a few large companies wanting to locate downtown but there wasnt enough available office space. A company wanted to build a 15-story office tower next to First Horizon Park (behind left field in Bellemeade Village) but it was a time sensative issue and the city didnt have all its ducks in a row so the company abandoned its plans. Thats another problem with Greensboro. The city does a poor job at being prepared for companies coming to the area. And I cringe because downtown had an opportunity to get another office tower and the city blew it.

• 2 months later...

There are rumors that the land that was proposed to be Bellemeade Village may end up being sold to an out of town developer. Which means this could be really big development. ususally when out of town developers come in its a big project. I'll keep everyone updated ans lets hope for the best. :)

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/702270302

There are rumors that the land that was proposed to be Bellemeade Village may end up being sold to an out of town developer. Which means this could be really big development. ususally when out of town developers come in its a big project. I'll keep everyone updated ans lets hope for the best. :)

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/702270302

Archived