Peabody Hotel May Be Coming to Nashville

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

This could be great news for downtown Nashville. Peabody is certainly an excellent name recongition hotel, and as far as I know, there are only a handful of them in the southeast to begin with.

You can read the full article here: http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/trav...lle_story1.html

A Peabody Hotel would include nearly 400 guest rooms, up to 50,000 square feet of meeting space and an upscale restaurant. The $90 million project cost does not include the hotel's parking structure, Belz says.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

Our downtown hotel market is pretty much saturated.

Maybe they feel there is demand for another luxury hotel downtown. Also, thanks to a lot of city programs offering tax breaks, this has been a resonable time for hotel construction in DT areas of cities since the tax breaks and loan programs offered by many cities allows them to build hotels in an otherwise saturated/difficult market.

I don't recall the article mentioning any special treatment from the city, but I know it's the reason a lot of hotel construction is continuing.

Archived