Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

The lower level of CCM has been closed for about 10 years, but upstairs was open for a lot longer, though I can't remember exactly when it shut down.

I actually remember walking through the lower level of the corridor in early 2001 so I imagine the a little bit after I walked through there, they closed the lower level and later in 2001, the whole corridor was shut down leaving the suffering Wards.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a lot of canadian geese hanging out in an unmowed grassy area there....maybe they have construction updates!

I have been to this walmart twice now-neither time spending long there. Yesterday's trip proved to be a waste as they were out of the two things I needed (shower liner and soft taco dinner).

It indeed will be interesting to know what else decides to come.

I was pretty happy to see that the new Wal-Mart has its own Murphy gas station like so many of them do in Charlotte and other cities. So I was able to use the Wal-Mart Discover card I got just for this purpose and get my discount ($2.52/gallon). I don't quite understand why no other Triad Wal-Marts have these stations, even most of the newer ones. The closest one that does, I think, is Thomasville.

I was pretty happy to see that the new Wal-Mart has its own Murphy gas station like so many of them do in Charlotte and other cities. So I was able to use the Wal-Mart Discover card I got just for this purpose and get my discount ($2.52/gallon). I don't quite understand why no other Triad Wal-Marts have these stations, even most of the newer ones. The closest one that does, I think, is Thomasville.

Mebane has one as does the new Walmart in Burlington on Graham Hopedale Rd. These are both new as of this past year.

The new location in Winston-Salem on Peter's Creek will have a Murphy Gas station.

I don't quite understand why no other Triad Wal-Marts have these stations, even most of the newer ones.
There are all sorts of zoning and environmental issues involved with locating gas stations at shopping centers. Not only have Wal-Mart's plans for gas stations been shot down at numerous locations, so have Kroger and Kmart's.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

well looks like Northeast Greensboro is getting a Lowes. Now all four corners of Greensboro has a super Walmart and Lowes. I expect NE Greensboro will get a Home Depot as well. The other three Lowes locations in Greensboro, there is a Home Depot within a mile.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't taken pictures specifically to share on this forum in a while. I just happen to have my camera with me this afternoon as I was at the new Walmart (where Carolina Circle was) and the surrounding area. Mind you..it was close to sunset...so they are not the best...But I figured that some here might enjoy seeing them anyway. The first two are of Walmart specifically

Walmart1ILCNCH.jpg

Walmart2ILCNCH.jpg

The next photo shows some of the new area that they have been working on since last fall. One place, Dot Fashion already has it's signage up.

Walmart3ILCNCH.jpg

Next, is a picture of the new IHOP being built in the shopping center out parcel area..

Walmart4ILCNCH.jpg

These next two pictures show the destruction of what was KMart as they get ready for the new Lowes:

kmart2ILCNCH.jpg

kmart1ILCNCH.jpg

I haven't taken pictures specifically to share on this forum in a while. I just happen to have my camera with me this afternoon as I was at the new Walmart (where Carolina Circle was) and the surrounding area. Mind you..it was close to sunset...so they are not the best...But I figured that some here might enjoy seeing them anyway. The first two are of Walmart specifically

Walmart1ILCNCH.jpg

Walmart2ILCNCH.jpg

The next photo shows some of the new area that they have been working on since last fall. One place, Dot Fashion already has it's signage up.

Walmart3ILCNCH.jpg

Next, is a picture of the new IHOP being built in the shopping center out parcel area..

Walmart4ILCNCH.jpg

These next two pictures show the destruction of what was KMart as they get ready for the new Lowes:

kmart2ILCNCH.jpg

kmart1ILCNCH.jpg

Archived