Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

Great video and pictures.  For some reason I have emailed, called and asked politley for my own pictures an information on Carolina Circle to be posted on deadmalls.com 

Whoever runs that site doesn't care about the CCM and has totally ignored my emails and even my calls.  I would much rather host a private Yahoo Photo page then send anymore to that idiot.  He doesn't even update the Carolina Circle link he has up there now.  All he has about it is some link to another story on the CCM where some moron talks about having sex there or something.  If he wants to neglect talking about one of the greatest mall stories ever, (only rivaled by Dixie Square in Harvey, IL) then that is his loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah! Carolina Circle Mall has feelings too!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I disagree...most people I talk to shop online and in strip malls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That, to me, is not progressive thinking. Malls aren't going to dominate like they once did, but they're far from dead. They're going through a transition phase where the merchandising is changing. Every form of retail does that. Downtown retail is different than it once was, strip malls are different as well. Give these shiny new lifestyle centers about 10 years, and people will be moaning about how out of touch they are too. But it's not the architecture, my friend, it's the merchandising.

A few ccm updates...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice pictures. Not suprising that it still smells like Wards though. That store's memory has staying power :)

Great Piece of shag there  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, that proves my staying poer theory :) How the heck would that still be around if it wasn't from Montgomery Ward? :lol:

Great video and pictures.  For some reason I have emailed, called and asked politley for my own pictures an information on Carolina Circle to be posted on deadmalls.com 

Whoever runs that site doesn't care about the CCM and has totally ignored my emails and even my calls.  I would much rather host a private Yahoo Photo page then send anymore to that idiot.  He doesn't even update the Carolina Circle link he has up there now.  All he has about it is some link to another story on the CCM where some moron talks about having sex there or something.  If he wants to neglect talking about one of the greatest mall stories ever, (only rivaled by Dixie Square in Harvey, IL) then that is his loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Brian Florence and he's a good guy overall. It just takes him a while to get things online. I know I submitted things to him that took a year for him to respond to. Have patience or, barring that, start your own page. I did.

Yeah that's why I'm working on the first ever ccm fansite. Everything ccm.

Also, I'm working on a line of ccm souvenirs. Including a t-shirt that says "My friend went to Carolina Circle Mall and all I got was this stupid t-shirt". And of course, the ccm in a book.

Once I get on my laptop tonight (the book is on there), I will continue with my book on ccm. I might even do a little behind the scenes look of ccm. Man, a mall sure uses a lot of water. I saw so many large scrap pipes today.

And that site you were talking about, "The Ghost Mall", I've gotten a lot of valuable ccm information from that site. A lot of that site was made in 1999 during ccm's time in it's death bed.

The Post Apocalyptic Mall of Doom has a lot of interesting pictures of the inside of ccm taken back in January/February of this year.

My site, Carolina Circle Online, is very under construction but will include a history, photo album, and a special page called "Mall Memories" where any one can post their memories of ccm.

And of course, Steven's blog on ccm has a plethora of information from the architecture and ccm's autopsy.

That was just my review on the ccm websites.

Yeah that's why I'm working on the first ever ccm fansite. Everything ccm.

Also, I'm working on a line of ccm souvenirs. Including a t-shirt that says "My friend went to Carolina Circle Mall and all I got was this stupid t-shirt". And of course, the ccm in a book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow your doing everything aren't you? You've inspired me to start my own website on dead Southern -state malls! Thanks! :)

And of course, Steven's blog on ccm has a plethora of information from the architecture and ccm's autopsy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the kind words, roadgeek. B)

Wow your doing everything aren't you? You've inspired me to start my own website on dead Southern -state malls! Thanks! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slick! Keep us posted, cosmoboy :)

-----

A little reflection...sorry this is so dorky.

Man, they really tore into Ivey's, didn't they? There's nothing left on that end.

Belk and Montgomery Ward's shells are still around, with the respective amber glass and tinted sign. But they're both ghost nows

It's becoming more and more real that this is the end of CCM. No chance of coming back from this point (a mall guy can dream)

I think so...even that little water bridge that was so neat....and the cool elevators (that were orange at one time) in Iveys/Dillards....that you could see out of as you rode up (was a novelty back in 1976)...Does anyone remember Hardees being in there across from the ice rink....and the cool college murals on the walls?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember all that stuff...you mentiong the Hardee's brought it back to conciousness :)

I think the glass elevator was orange to the end in Ivey's, and the handrails on the escalators :)

I remember something there at Ivey's/Dillard's about the elevator. It had an orange frame with lightbulbs in them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the one. That store was over the top, but it was awesome!

I also remember eating at the Picadilly. The last time was the one in Wiliamsburg, VA in 2001.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there any Piccadillys left in North Carolina? I know where some are in VA and SC, but not NC.

Well I created a website using GeoCities and I kind of switched my interest from dead malls to NC Economic Develoment. I decided not to invade on Steven's territory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's plenty of dead mall bandwidth on the 'net for everyone :)

Good site idea though.

I remember the Hardees with the college murals, I remember that I refused to sit near the Duke mural.  I also rember Electronic America , the best game room I have ever been to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL probably how I refused to sit near carolina's mural :D

The game room was a good one. I remember going in there from time to time to play games. I had forgotten what it was called though..

I remember this cute cafe where you can get ice cream with a cherry ontop. It was between the restroom and Monk's Diner. Does anyone remeber Monk's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember Monks but never ate there. It came much later in the game. Generally if I ate at that mall, it was at annibelles, chick fil a or picadilly. (and hardees before they left )

I also remember the disco being there down on the Wards side as well as some sort of steak/upscale type eating place right across from the disco.

There was a hallmark, a waldenbooks and a Wills bookstore

I remember DA Kelly's and the County Seat (jeans place). There was a pet store there too...I bought fish from that store.

And Kimbal organs....the sounds of the mall..

Hodgepodge also had a store there up near belk.

I had a friend who said that she went to ccm one day to cash in on her tickets she won at the video arcade and when she got there, it was out of business. I never went there (maybe once). I'm not much of a fan of arcades. They're always full of annoying kids who run amock through there.

I had a friend who said that she went to ccm one day to cash in on her tickets she won at the video arcade and when she got there, it was out of business. I never went there (maybe once). I'm not much of a fan of arcades. They're always full of annoying kids who run amock through there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Back when the arcade opened, it was a very popular spot. I always felt fine going in there to play a few games. Video games were something new and exciting and arcades just fed the frenzy. Putt Putt also had an arcade about that time. Now most everyone has some access to a game system or a computer...just the changing of times. I cannot speak of the quality of them now...as I never go to them anymore.

Carolina Circle had everything a 10 year needed right together---Hardees, Electronic America, Ice rink, and I remember a Champs sporting goods store right next to Hardees.  I also remember that the resturant Annabelles was once called Tuesdays and you could get the good tables with windows looking over the ice rink.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep Yep Yep...all good stuffs

Archived