Annexation mania brews in northern Fulton County.

Lady Celeste

Interesting read. With the incorporation of Sandy Springs earlier this summer, other cities and areas are following the lead and dreaming of their own incorporation.

Full article here:

Annexation-mania

I know there are several numbers people who may like this new trend. If Roswell and Alpharetta annex the rest of northern Fulton then that would greatly increase both cities populations. Who knows, cities in the southern portion of Fulton County may now redouble their efforts for incorporation as well.

Personally I feel it would be better to have the two cities incorporate the rest of the area. While Milton and John's Creek are names that go back generations, I don't feel that the current populations would be better served with a whole bunch of small towns sprinkled in the area. I will be eager to hear more about this new movement for incorporation in northern Fulton County.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The extreme north end of Fulton County - Birmingham, isn't developed enough for annexation. But depending on the quality of services that Fulton would be able to provide, that would be the only option. That or seceeding to Forsyth or Cherokee.

Now that Sandy Springs has popped the cherry, we all knew this open the floodgates. I don't think the City of Atlanta will be that dissapointed in the new towns considering how far-flung they are from the city-proper and annexation of SS seemed to be nothing more than a pipe dream.

Now - even with just Sandy Springs, which held a large portion of Fulton's tax base due to the Fortune 500 firms headquarted there is this - what to do with Fulton? Fulton is not viable anymore & most services are now duplicated, no need for this additional level of taxation.

Archived