Florida or North Carolina?

Fruit Cove

Which state do you prefer more than the other?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Which state do you prefer more than the other?

• Florida
    • North Carolina

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there weren't so many forumers on here from North Carolina, Florida would be stomping all over NC. Not that NC is bad or anything but everything NC has Florida has in an even better way. Miami beats any city in NC and thats not even bringing up Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and others. Not to mention that Florida has the wonderful Keys and few states in the whole country have a counterpart that is comparable to that paradise.

If there weren't so many forumers on here from North Carolina, Florida would be stomping all over NC. Not that NC is bad or anything but everything NC has Florida has in an even better way. Miami beats any city in NC and thats not even bringing up Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and others. Not to mention that Florida has the wonderful Keys and few states in the whole country have a counterpart that is comparable to that paradise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't say that I've been to miami.. or for that matter every city in NC, but I can say that the cities in Florida very much could be better than almost any city in almost any state (including Nashville) :whistling: . Every state beats another in its own way.

I can't say that I've been to miami.. or for that matter every city in NC, but I can say that the cities in Florida very much could be better than almost any city in almost any state (including Nashville) :whistling: . Every state beats another in its own way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Miami and have been there a lot. It kind of reminds me of a larger, tropical version of Vancouver...which by the way is one of the best cities in North America in my opinion. Size isn't always everything. Yes, Miami certainly beats Nashville, but thats not the topic of this thread. I'm just saying that Florida has just as much to offer as NC and then some. The only area that I can think of that NC has on Florida is the mountians, but thats one thing out of many.

Sorry bud but a lot of people chose NC because they like it, yea some people chose it beacause they live here but don't come out and say " If they're weren't so many NC forumers on here, then Florida would be stomping all over NC." You can't know that for a fact. Many people come to NC from all over the country as they do in Florida. Yes NC does have the Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway which attracts thousands of visitors each year. And about the keys, yes they are VERY beautiful but NC has the outerbanks and they are also very beautiful. I mean no one knows who would win this contest somewhere else, Florida or NC....both great places, Florida is probably better known but that for sure doesn't mean they would win.

How do the numbers compare, monsoon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Florida has 1,540 topics and 22,476 replies. NC has 1,111 topics and 21,003 replies. While these numbers are a good indication of how many people from each state post on this forum they aren't concrete. I still assert that there are more people from NC on this site. I may be wrong. I do think I wouldn't be out of line by saying NC is disproportionately represented on here. Florida has twice the population of NC, but has roughly the same number of posts as NC. Not that that is a bad thing it just has a tendency to make things lopsided sometimes.

Both states are wonderful and wonderfully different, but I still stand by my opinion that Florida overall has more to offer than NC. Perhaps the term "stomps all over" was a bit overstated...I concede that. I posted that at 6 AM...I wasn't quite awake or coherent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the ocean rises 10 feet there will be lots of people in Fla. living in NC

How do the numbers compare, monsoon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just have to hit refresh anytime you want to see the numbers. :P

The forum was indeed started by NC forumers (mainly from Charlotte) and has hence those sections been around the longest. It was through the hard work of TheLakeLander and Sunshine that got the Fla. forum off the ground to make it the busiest section of UP.

I think the polls on this site have evolved into ego boosters of home towners. i enjoy seeing how other people in my region think. But it is not helpful anymore. Especially a 2 choice poll. I mean, have you really thought about some of this polls?!? A poll is supposed to be a research tool used to collect information. TIME TO RETURN TO THIS PHILOSOPHY or polls will become Hypothetics and lack any REAL value. Man i sure do go off sometime- but we all lose time in these empty ventures.

I find it ironic that they call Florida "The Sunshine State" because every time I go I caught in torrential downpours, or end up having to flea the state due to an incoming hurricane. Who knows, maybe I'll actually get some nice weather next time I visit, but until then I have to conclude that NC has a much nicer climate more beautiful landscapes, and more interesting cities.

I'm an urbanist, so I'll go with Florida, because it has a plethora of larger cities with different urban landscapes and architecture.  North Carolina has several distinct cities as well (ex. Winston-Salem or Wilmington), but in general, they're much smaller.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ My point exactly,..

Florida has over 18 cities with more than 100,000 people..

It has a mix or urban and wilderness.

Its so much more than a tourist state, from the Alabama state line to the Keys, the state is so much more complex and unique than NC..

Yea, yea, .. mountains are nice, but there not the damn Alps. :rofl:

We have more to offer as far as entertainment is concerned. The state is great for business, many corperations are based here.

Archived