Where would you rather retire?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you rather retire?

• St. Augustine
    • Key West

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Key West. The isolation is probably the city's biggest fault, but it's also one of its best assets. It really breeds a very unique attitude among its residents, and anyone who's spent some time with Key Westers will probably agree. The culture among the locals is so different from anywhere else I've been. It's as if they take relaxation to a whole new level. It really is still the same city that Jimmy Buffett has been singing about for years...

Definitely Key West for me. I live in St. Aug. and don't see the real appeal for retirement. The Keys and Key West has a feel of a different country and the locals are great. You can't beat watching the sun rise in your front yard and set in your back yard. There is so much more to do within an hour or two of Key West.

I didnt see the question.  I voted Key West for best tourist destination.  As for retirement, I would say St. Augustine just b/c it is close to Jacksonville.  The truth is I imagine I will stay in Jacksonville to retire, but this is too far away for me to even speculate about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crap, I voted for Key West because of its laid-back, tropical atmosphere, then I realized that I would like to be a little more accessible to my possible future family. And I'd be near Jax, my favorite FL city! The only problem I have with St. Augustine is that it's so small...you'd have to drive to Jax just to go out to eat.

There are many nice restaurants in st.aug, I often go there to eat, all jax has is applebees and chilis, just chains, st aug actually has family owned restaurants that are one of a kind.so food would not be a problem. i mean the tourists do have to eat dont they?

I vote for Key West. As a visual artist and writer, it was a no contest. I tend to be a loner and the iscolation would be nice. Maybe even my own island...ha. I appreciate st aug location, but miami would be close to KW and hurricanes excite me. wow, thanks for making me think about this.

Archived