University Village of Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The property was purchased during the mad rush to the aritficial top. The only way anything "affordable" can be built is with a big government subsidy. Ask K2 about that one. Also, the mortgage market is tightening. Consequently, there are not alot of buyers out there now.

Thank you gibson! I wanted very badly to be downtown, but these ADAR projects are too slow coming, and the ones in the core of Downtown are too high for my wallet. The Cloisters had a unit that was reasonably priced, but I was too slow to act. There was also an opportunity on Adams near the governor's mansion that I passed on, unfortunately. But all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord, so I suppose I made the right decision.

• 7 months later...

EXCLUSIVE

New Life for the Village?

gallery_3748_8_637.jpg

TALLAHASSEE -- We have recently uncovered some information on the Village at Tallahassee Project located at the intersection of Palm and Macomb Streets on the FSU edge of downtown Tallahassee. Details hint at some new life for the once controversial project. For now, calls to planners at the city have been unanswered but details available from the Growth Management department indicate developers have been actively seeking permits for this project.

Proposed is a multi-use project consisting of a significant commercial and retail component on the ground floor. Also planned are residential units, yet no word as to whether they will be leased apartments or sold as condos, marketed as luxury or student housing. Developers are also planning an underground parking garage facility for use by the residents of the new complex. The property was zoned PUD in 2005, and is expected to include an outdoor open courtyard.

For the first time we've uncovered some truth to the various stages of life this project has seen. When originally proposed, it operated under the name University Villages of Tallahassee, at the time, the property was owned by South Florida's ADAR developers.

The property was sold in 2005 as University Village Development, LLC, owned and managed by Sky Rise Development Group, Inc., a South Florida company, led by Yizhak Toledano. Sky Rise has developed many properties in Central and South West Florida. A few in other states as well, namely Nevada (Las Vegas). It is very likely other projects in their portfolio took priority over ours here in Tallahassee which is why the project has sat inactive for quite a while.

Then in December of 2006, Yizhak Toledano and his company Sky Rise Development Group, Inc. sold the property back to Mr. Amram Adar, who initially proposed the village and Symphony developments. There's a good chance that Mr. Adar hired a consultant or marketing firm to erect the signs that were placed on the property earlier this year to gauge interest in his plans. Sources say they have received many calls about the project.

ADAR has since recommissioned FORUM Architecture to reconfigure the project, I spoke with FORUM today and they have confirmed that they are in fact in the process of working on this particular complex. On November 29, 2007, two weeks ago, the company submitted to the Tallahassee Leon County Planning Department and completed a Land Use and Environmental Pre-Application.

More Details to come.

URBAN PLANET EXCLUSIVE

Village at Tallahassee

Details Revealed on Proposed Facility

I received these details via FAX just 3 minutes ago, so I will continue to leak information as I crunch it throughout the day...

The Overall Site Plan seems to be the same as before, however there have been a few modifications to the courtyard area and design of the buildings.

• Building Height: 129'

• Levels: 15 (12 Above Ground / 3 Below)

• Parking: 320 Residential, 128 Retail, 99 Guest, 115 Bikes

• Units: 129?

It has been confirmed that this is very much an active project.

The Village

Details on the Space being Proposed

40,000 square feet of Commercial Space

20,000 square feet on First Floor Retail, Plaza & Parking Level

20,000 square feet on Second Floor Retail and Parking Level

115 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} 3 Bedroom Units

(1,281.7 sq.ft.)

14 of these units will be on the second and third residential floors. 10 will be located on the 4th - 10th residential floors.

24 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} 2 Bedroom Units

(1,020.4 sq.ft.)

3 of these units will be on the second and third residential floors. 2 will be located on the 4th - 10th residential floors.

2 Parking Spaces per unit.

3 Parking Spaces per 250 Square Feet of Retail.

The Village

Details on the Space being Proposed

40,000 square feet of Commercial Space

20,000 square feet on First Floor Retail, Plaza & Parking Level

20,000 square feet on Second Floor Retail and Parking Level

115 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} 3 Bedroom Units

(1,281.7 sq.ft.)

14 of these units will be on the second and third residential floors. 10 will be located on the 4th - 10th residential floors.

24 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} 2 Bedroom Units

(1,020.4 sq.ft.)

3 of these units will be on the second and third residential floors. 2 will be located on the 4th - 10th residential floors.

2 Parking Spaces per unit.

3 Parking Spaces per 250 Square Feet of Retail.

• 2 months later...
UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Village of Tallahassee

It just came to my attention that the folks building the Village have submitted an updated site plan just 3 months ago. I'll attach it to this post. Looks like we might be able to look forward to this project perhaps this year or next.

UPdate: March 9, 2008

march8100av3.jpg

Still nothing on this project. By now I dreamed of the site being cleared, but as of now it sits unchanged from our last building. A week ago we reported that a new site plan had been submitted only a few short months ago, so there may still be some exploration going on with this project. It is my hunch that the developer received a great bit of interest in the project from people who called the phone number that was once one the site. The phone number has since been removed, but the project signage remains. This would be a great project because of the changes that have occurred around this site in the past 2 year: FSU Parking Garage #4, Construction of Parking Garage #5, Marriott Residence Inn. The design presented on the project sign is compatible with both FSU parking garages and the surrounding housing as well.

Archived