417 Park

Florida

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to bump this this thread up.

I'm really interested in seeing the final result of this project, perhaps more than any other of the recent Tallahassee condo development proposals. For one thing, I lived in a neighborhood near there off Park Ave. for several months and am excited at the prospect of seeing new buildings built for residential purposes along Park Ave., and secondly I've been very impressed with the type of homes that K2 Urban Corp has built in the past. I haven't seen many in person, but their Web site speaks volumes about the kind of living experience they want to provide to Tallahassee.

What does everyone else think about 417 Park Avenue?

Hey Relient!

Like you I too am impressed witht the work of K2 urban corp. No where have I seen a project of theirs that doesn't meet the highest standards of quality. Their new urbanism approach is also a plus for their reputation. They seem to be one of very few local groups who actually understand that we've reached the point to go up and not out, to do some urban infill, and less sprawl-type land development projects. I'm excited about what this 417 building is to become soley based on who's designed it and where its gonna be. Although I'd probably not be able to afford a unit in this building, it will be good to know those who can live here, will live in a quality structure. Ground breaking is soon.

K2's also building four new homes in that neighborhood off Park Ave. I mentioned (the one I used to live in). This is a neighborhood where the houses go back 60 years. Driving through there is like driving through the fifties. It's a great neighborhood! For a while I was afraid that buisnesses or eminent domain or something would turn that neighborhood into something else, but now that K2's building the houses there I'm much more at ease.

Sorry to take this completely off topic! :)

cityboy05, I don't know if they've broken ground on 417 Park Ave. or not. When I was in town last week it looked like it was still a parking lot. I hope that by the next time I visit Tallahassee it will have been started!

This project is on the fast track permitting process, so ground should be breaking some time soon.

K2 also has homes in Southwood and along the Mid-Town area. They are also working a commercial project on CCNE near the current Rally's and Pizza Hut at the intersection of CC and Mahan.

^I hope it will be started when you get come back to visit Tally too! You know I really don't know that much about the area where 417park is going to be built. I am going to have to check that hood out. Sounds real nice. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! That's the one good thing about seeing Tallahassee every few months. You get to see how the development progress is coming.

Since I spent several months living in that area of town, it's really become one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I'm kind of sad to see that so many of those old houses along Park Ave. have been turned into offices, but as someone pointed out to me at least those law firms, etc. have the money to restore them. However, I'm very excited to see that K2 Urban Corp has invested in residential living in that area of town.

Like you pointed out about the Historic Homes in the Park Avenue Historic district, this office conversion seems to be the case for many homes in many historic communities throughout the south east... but as you said at least the law offices allow them to maintain their charming looks and relatively quiet feel.

• 2 weeks later...

That last shot looks dangerous.... Gas prices are a good reference, they will be over 3 dollars/gal b4 the K2 is done...lol. Will 417 break the treetops? I have been trying to figure where it would be from the eastern, Apalachee pkwy view.

___ps. Do you think you could get the ocala/tennessee view of downtown and campus? You could see it from the parking lot on the corner. I would've but it is unrecognizable on my cell digital cam.

I think this project will be a tremendous success despite the prices of the homes. I think I've heard of more people asking about this project than any other we've been discussing. The design is attractive and has great character. I would have like the building to be a little taller but I understand it's limits based on its location in a historic portion of the downtown.

I was over near the governor's mansion today taking pictures when I noticed the Governor's mansion is in a nice location with regard to the downtown. I feel as if some of the attention focused toward Gaines Street and South Monroe could be redirected toward the Governor's mansion area to:

(1) Expand the borders of the downtown

(2) Bridge the gap between the State House and the Governor's Mansion

(3) To revitalize a slightly unattractive portion of Tallahassee's central core.

The area doesn't need much... probably a government purchase of some undesirable business and homes. It would be nice to have more hotels like the Radisson (Park Plaza) along Monroe between the Capitol and the Governor's Mansion.

^ matter of fact this project, although well known in our circle, isn't in any major developments documents.

I did notice the space was upgraded from 23 units, to 30. I'm not sure how that affects the overall size of the building, or the size of the units. I'd really like to see them come back down to earth with the pricing on these things. From what I hear, they are going to be a grand slam-out of the pocket book.

I like this rendering though... it really adds life to the project.

• 1 month later...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?!

I recently recieved this E-mail from K2 Urban:

-------------------------------------------------------

Announcement

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The moment we've all been waiting for has finally arrived! K2 Urbancorp will officially begin reservations for Tallahassee's most distinguished address - 417 Park Avenue - on Tuesday, November 1, 2005, at 9:00am sharp.

We've had an unprecedented response to this upcoming downtown treasure. With nearly 400 people registering interest in only 30 residential units, we expect that availability will not last. How can you participate? Show up on November 1, 2005, beginning at 9:00am and meet with representatives who will be available to answer your questions.

Watch for a second email from us later this week, which will include the reservation form you can fill out ahead of time and bring with you November 1. We will also mail this information to you later in the week and attempt to call you next week to follow up.

Stay tuned. The best is yet to come. We look forward to sharing this exciting time with you.

Cheers,

David B. Wamsley

CEO/Managing Member

K2 Urbancorp, LLC

------------------------------

Attached is a newly released artist rendering of the 417 Park Courtyard. Enjoy! :yahoo:

post-3748-1129766471_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1129766471_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

417 Update:

I recieved an update from K2 Urban Corp, 417 Park stating that their first week of reservations was a tremendous success and that there are only a few units remaining.

I think its so awesome to see each of these condo projects do so well with sales... it helps to show our market is ready for these Urban changes.

Way to go 417 & K2 Urban.

• 2 months later...

A lot of the newer developments in town, particularly the ones in and close to downtown, are really bringing a lot of class to the city. Among all of the developers though, K2 Urban Corp. really stands above the rest in my opinion. Obviously they're not designing projects like The Tennyson, but all of their projects to date, particularly their single-family residences are just amazingly beautiful and classic. They are truly a jewel for the city in my opinion. I truly wish we had a developer like them in my city.

Archived