New forum look

PghUSA

As you may have noticed I put a few of the topics up top, aside from the article posting rules my thinking is that for someone totally unfamiliar with Pennsylvania to discover our board here to have a reference point to discover Pittsburgh or Philly regions or Central Pa. This is still very fluid in my mind, but my method behind it is to have a type of overall reference for those interested in learning more about Pa. Please feel free to submit additions for your own region to me to be "pinned" to the top, the only thing I would hope for is that they are close to comprehensive on that aspect of the region (take my post on companies for example) and roughly follow the format as informative and reference. As the mod for this forum I'm just throwing this out there the admins might also have some suggestions for us so this idea is fluid for the moment but I will be working on having a direct access to overall reference and informational posts for any global visitors we might have to our Pennsylvania board. Any contributions are welcomed as long as they fit the mold of what I described above, maybe 3 or 4 topics per region I'm thinking to cover most of the essentials. Again if you have any opinions on how this should be done or look I'll be interested in them. :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad idea. May I suggest you pin a post to the top which contains a bunch of pertinent weblinks on PA and its cities? And maybe you could combine some of those posts into one, so there won't be too too many pinned up there.

Edit: Oh, I see you already sort of did what I suggested. Carry on then :)

Thanks Gerbil,

I am adding on to the Pittsburgh Answers post so do indeed check back from time to time.

Also for those Philadelphians and Central Pa. folks, please feel free to start a similar thread on your own region, I will be glad to pin it to the top for you, as long as it meets the goal of being broad based and informative and roughly the same format.

Let me know if you have any ideas or opinions on that. :)

• 1 month later...

Wanted to thank Cityguy for the recent links (under the Paul Newman cycling post) I updated the Philly Answers Guide last week with all the new links.

If anyone from center-state or east-state have links or ideas for those sections at the top of the forum let me know and I will update.

:)

Archived