Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

New Charlotte Subforums

Dubone and I have been discussing the need to add some sub-forums to the Charlotte Section because this section gets so many posts. So we have a Coffee House and a Retail section now. What do you guys think?

I think this is much needed, I'm glad you all split it up. It sould make it much easier to find threads about the projects that are taking place in Charlotte.

While it's true that the topics in the subforums could potentially get less views, hopefully people won't be too lazy to look through them! This will also keep more topics visible (on the front page) for longer.

i just played around in the new subforums...felt a little weird. i called out and only heard my echo. i didn't feel like i was in charlotte...it felt more like pineville, or matthews. i dunno?

i just played around in the new subforums...felt a little weird.  i called out and only heard my echo.  i didn't feel like i was in charlotte...it felt more like pineville, or matthews.  i dunno?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.. that is because that is where all the retail is :)

Does it seem like they are stunting coversation a little bit? I think the subforums are a good idea, but I'm not sure if they're working. It seems like people are posting less.

by grouping the threads, it makes it easier to see the threads with your interest. There are many users that typically only post on retail subjects. the subforum won't lead them to post less, but rather keeps their threads from falling off page one as fast, now that we have so many active threads.

I think a grouped subforum is better for readership than having threads fall to page two after a day.

I'm also not quite sure how to determine what should fall into the coffee house and what should be in the main forum. It seems like everything could go under the coffee house.

I'm also not quite sure how to determine what should fall into the coffee house and what should be in the main forum. It seems like everything could go under the coffee house.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a growing process. We will all figure it out together. I think we have to have more than one forum given there is a great deal to talk about our ever growing Charlotte metro.

I'm not sure.  Gimme a couple of days to try them on for size.  Till then <shock> I'll not give an opinion.  As I'm sure you're aware, that's a hard thing for me to do. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had noticed. :lol: