Different Views of the San Diego Skyline

sd_urban

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice photos. I really like how the city has embraced downtown living, entirely transforming the skyline. Now if they would just move the airport so that that 500 foot height restriction can be lifted....

Very nice photos.  I really like how the city has embraced downtown living, entirely transforming the skyline.  Now if they would just move the airport so that that 500 foot height restriction can be lifted....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't have to remind me of the 500 foot limit :( All I ask for is a couple 600 and 700 footers and I'd be happy.

Thanks for comments, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful City!  Just couldn't live there....I need weather seasons.  :(  But, it is very pretty, indeed.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you like the pics!

The great thing about San Diego is that you can drive to the seasons. During winter, I can drive from my house to the surrounding mountains and be in a snow covered wonderland in 45 minutes. The beach, of course, is only 10 minutes away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that NO had four seasons, either.

Glad you like the pics!

The great thing about San Diego is that you can drive to the seasons.  During winter, I can drive from my house to the surrounding mountains and be in a snow covered wonderland in 45 minutes.  The beach, of course, is only 10 minutes away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that NO had four seasons, either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have seasons. Our summers are long, but, I had a white Christmas last year (rare, but, it occurred). We usually see the teens or twenties several times a winter, but, by March we are getting into the 60's and 70's again. We don't cool off until late September, though. October is the best month..highs around 70 and low around 50. Here are a couple of pics of New Orleans on Christmas Day, 2004:

snow023.jpg

UPTOWNSNOW.jpg

Wow, those are cool pics of the snow in New Orleans. Only a trace of snow has ever been recorded in downtown San Diego , but some of our suburbs have had a couple of inches of snow accumulation in the past. As you probably know, the weather here is very temparate, but many people are unaware that our overnight lows during the winter drop into the 30's and 40's. That's probably as cold as I ever want it to be here.

Great pictures. I was going to say that what the skyline needs is a couple of really tall twins right in the middle but that wouldnt be possible because of the restrictions. Its a shame but at least your downtown can build out instead of up. Density can be just as impressive as really tall buildings.

^^Yeah, all I keep wishing for are a couple of 600 and 700 footers to be built, but that won't happen unless the airport is moved. :(

To give an idea of how close you are to the buildings, here's a pic taken from the left side of the plane on approach to landing at the airport.

339671950wfnBaD_ph.jpg

starting to remind me alot of vancouver

nice shots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you should say that, since many of the new towers going up are being built by Canadian developers. My only worry is that we don't become a carbon copy of downtown Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived