Downtown Residential Projects

eastsider

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, looks good from the street level. Does anyone know what kind of materials will be used at the base of 360? Also, speaking of 360, the webcam has been panned out so you can now get a better perspective on the project.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed several mistakes with that though. They show the 360 tower with 40 stories when in fact its 44 stories. They show Tom Stacy's 5th at Congress tower at 55 stories same as the Austonion and as far as any official word that has come out, its still planned at 47 stories. They show the old origional rendering of the Four Seasons Residency tower at 30 stories when in fact they have re-designed the building and it now is planned at 38 stories. They don't even show the Legacy tower site and also as Goothrey mentioned the Monarch tower. :dontknow:

I noticed several mistakes with that though. They show the 360 tower with 40 stories when in fact its 44 stories. They show Tom Stacy's 5th at Congress tower at 55 stories same as the Austonion and as far as any official word that has come out, its still planned at 47 stories. They show the old origional rendering of the Four Seasons Residency tower at 30 stories when in fact they have re-designed the building and it now is planned at 38 stories. They don't even show the Legacy tower site and also as Goothrey mentioned the Monarch tower. :dontknow:

• 4 weeks later...

The Marriott complex for downtown has been changed from three buildings to two, one 31 story and one 11. Originally the tallest was going to be 26, so now we get a taller version.

Initial plans called for a 26-story Marriott conventioncenter hotel with 650 rooms; an 11-story upscale Renaissance Hotel with 200 rooms; and a 15-story Springhill Suites with 150 rooms.

The project's price is now an estimated $250 million, up from early projections of $185 million. The increase is mainly due to the addition of more full-service Marriott hotel brands, the addition of 40,000 more square feet of meeting and retail space, and overall rising construction costs, Yiankes said.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few updates of 360's progress, from their Webcam and an updated version of my graphic above...

360_20070710-vi.jpg

Here's the graphic showing overall progress (27th floor, going on 28th). I have some pics to share, which I'll post later today or tomorrow.

360_floors_200707-vi.gif

Well pooring concrete while it's raining or threatening to rain isn't an option. I would bet the rain has put this project at least a few weeks behind, if not more. They should be on a pace of one floor per week if all goes well.

Archived